General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Fans not coming on. *car went into limp mode*

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 01:23 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Fans not coming on. *car went into limp mode*

Im driving last night and allova sudden i notice my car will rev but im getting now power whatsoever. Push the clutch and my rpms idle somewere around 100-200...then i notice my temp gauge is maxed out. Oh ****, i pull over and pop the hood only to hear my fans trying furiously to cool down my engine.

ok

For awile now ive been trying to get my fans to work as they simply dont come on ever. Not when the a/c is on, or when my car starts to overheat. Until last night, they switched on in what i guess was an emergency cool off mode.

I've replaced all relays (3) and fuses (2) and replaced the t-stat along with the engine coolant temp sensor and all the rad. hoses. Still the fans wont come on....what else can i do?!

I know the fans themselves work as they cut on last night, and ive hotwired them before to make them work....
Old 07-01-2007, 04:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hook up efi live and see what your pcm is telling them to come onto....
Old 08-01-2007, 01:16 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Was it actually overheating? What about the radiator cap not holding pressure or air in the system? If you have a SES light you need to check for the codes first. Found this for you, maybe it'll help: www.gearchatter.com/viewtopic8796.php The fans will come on even with the ignition off for a few minutes if the PCM sees an overheat condition, believe the temp is 284*. Really need to get the car on a scanner to see what's going on.