General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Water In Car!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 06:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water In Car!!!!

for some reason there is a bunch of water in my car on the driver side. i took the back carpet out and it was soaked in water. earlier two days before that i noticed my front floor mat really wet in one spot so i looked underneath it and it was wet as well. i first thought maybe cause it rained a couple days before that and maybe thats why it was wet, but 2 days past and it was still wet, it never takes that long to dry. and the back was wet which no one sat there, and under the driver seat was wet as well. what could cause this??? i shampooed the carpet to keep it from smelling, and just waiting and hope that it drys. has anyone else had this happen before?? my t-tops are fine they don't leak, and i looked under the car and found no holes or anything in that nature. my passenger side is completely dry nothing there. so if you have any advise please let me know thanks.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:08 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Moving to General Maintenance.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:28 PM
Fiery Features Director

Take a water hose and run it along the outside of your driver window. It is possible that you have a leak in the weather stripping. I found a small leak in mine near the rear corner that meets the t-top. I park on an incline, so the water would always find its way to the back seat. As soon as I came off the incline, the water would usually make its way to the front floor board.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:33 PM
Teching In

i agree with Zangel on this one. especially if it happens after raining. i had that problem with my 96 with t-tops also. i'd definately try running a water hose to it.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Zangel
Take a water hose and run it along the outside of your driver window. It is possible that you have a leak in the weather stripping. I found a small leak in mine near the rear corner that meets the t-top. I park on an incline, so the water would always find its way to the back seat. As soon as I came off the incline, the water would usually make its way to the front floor board.
I had the exact same issue on my passenger side rear floor board being soaked last winter found out my window motor which i still havent replaced wasnt rolling the window up all the way it was maybe a few cms off and it was enough to allow water to run in and pool up in the floor. I got it all dried and taken care of but i couldnt for the life of me figure it out till my girlfriend had the door open when i was rolling the windows up and said isnt it supposed to roll up a little further to the black thingy. haha.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:44 PM
On The Tree

how much does it cost to get all the stuff to repair it??
Old 07-09-2007, 06:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

if it smells like antifreeze then you broke your heater core or the lines going to it..

If its plain water.. its likely there is some bad weather stripping
Old 07-10-2007, 02:06 PM
On The Tree

ok today it is raining again so i sat in my car and nothing was coming through the stripping. yesterday i put a hose on it and water came in through the stripping. but there is still water coming in somewhere cause yet again my floor board is soaked. what do you think i should do?
Old 07-14-2007, 02:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Zangel
same here on my 98 Z28 where the t-top and window meet in the corner.