General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Hesitates while shifting during passing

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007 | 11:48 AM
SCRWS6

Default Hesitates while shifting during passing

When I go to pass, it feels like the car hesitates. I mash the pedal and it feels like it will go-hesitates-then goes, Any Ideas? the people I bought the car from said the transmission had been rebuilt....maybe on its last leg?
Old 08-02-2007 | 01:32 PM
Launching!
10 Year Member

If you're mashing the pedal while passing, the car has to downshift first so maybe that's the hesitation you're referring to. Your description doesn't sound like it's slipping so I doubt your tranny is ready to go.
Old 08-02-2007 | 02:47 PM
Teching In

I don't remember if you said your car was manual or auto. I've got the same problem with my M6. I've replaced the plugs, fuel filter, cleaned the MAF... still having some issues. If you find a solution let me know what you did. I've got some free time this weekend so I'm going to get back into it to see what else I can try. Gotta go with the cheap stuff first. If I figure it out I'll let you know what it was for me.
Old 08-02-2007 | 03:05 PM
SCRWS6

sorry, it is an auto, I know the regular feeling of downshifting to pass, this is that +1 before it actually accelerates, almost like it wants to accelerate, but has to make sure, then goes. Sorry i know this isn`t a very good description, but it may take me going to a shop and having the guy go for a ride to find out, def let you know if and when.....
Old 08-02-2007 | 03:47 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

My ex's 01 T/A did the same thing..You floor it, it like stumbles a bit & then downshifts & takes off..Never really tried to diagnose the problem, It did it so randomly, it wasn't worth the headache of trying to find & fix the problem.