General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

car sputtring and backfiring

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 01:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish some of the responses in this thread helped me. I have a 1500rpm hesitation. After that, the car runs smoothly. I don't know what it could be though. I changed the fuel filter, cleaned the TB, got new spark plug wires, got new 02's & cleaned the MAF, I even swapped MAFs with another one. I'm running fuel injector cleaner on this tank as well.

Also, the car doesn't do it when I put it in neutral and rev and hold it at 1500. Only while driving.

Last edited by Wsteun; 01-29-2008 at 01:05 PM.
Old 03-07-2008, 08:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wsteun
I wish some of the responses in this thread helped me. I have a 1500rpm hesitation. After that, the car runs smoothly. I don't know what it could be though. I changed the fuel filter, cleaned the TB, got new spark plug wires, got new 02's & cleaned the MAF, I even swapped MAFs with another one. I'm running fuel injector cleaner on this tank as well.

Also, the car doesn't do it when I put it in neutral and rev and hold it at 1500. Only while driving.
any updates on this. ive got same prob. i even pulled my valve covers to check for broken spring.