General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

anyone ever did a before and after Dyno... Seafoam

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 03:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would it be bad to seafoam a car with 133000 miles on it that has never had it done? I recently bought my 99 T.a. from a lady that owned it from day 1 and I doubt very seriousl she has ever done it. What is the right way to seafoam a ls1 car? do you just add it to the fuel or what? and where can I get the mass air cleaner in a can?
Old 02-19-2008, 04:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bigfatls6
Would it be bad to seafoam a car with 133000 miles on it that has never had it done? I recently bought my 99 T.a. from a lady that owned it from day 1 and I doubt very seriousl she has ever done it. What is the right way to seafoam a ls1 car? do you just add it to the fuel or what? and where can I get the mass air cleaner in a can?
Go ahead. My car has 123k on it, it's older and the only time it ever had seafoam ran through it was by the previous owner who just put it in the gas tank. Seafoam is 100% petroleum, so it won't hurt your motor at all. Worst case scenerio is that you'll foul a plug. There's a sticky at the top of the Maintenance section here that gives detailed instructions on how to do it. You can get the seafoam and MAF cleaner at any autoparts store. Autozone didn't have the MAF cleaner, or I didn't see it atleast, but the CRC QD Electronic Cleaner works just fine and is basically the same thing. I saw that Oreillys did have it though.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:14 PM
TECH Addict

MAF cleaner helped the car, not seafoam....
Old 02-21-2008, 07:14 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by FMX05
I have seen a few people that have clogged their cats by seafoaming a little too often. But there stuff looked like a space shuttle launch on the first time around.
LMAO

hmm... my cars never really did that when seafoaming... just a little smoke for the first minute or two. maybe the fact that i always stick to top tier brand gas actually makes a difference?
Old 03-24-2008, 07:54 PM
On The Tree

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLjlHH_JCJE

check out this seafoam smoke screen video while driving in my Miata.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:15 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mark306ci
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLjlHH_JCJE

check out this seafoam smoke screen video while driving in my Miata.
LOL wth happend at the end? I know you probably made an abrupt stop and the camera flew into the dashboard, bounced off the seat and landed on the floorboard but at first it looked like you wrecked or something.

Are you familiar with Anne Arundel County MD? (Just curious cause I saw your signature and lived there for 6 years).
Old 03-25-2008, 02:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Grimlock1968
LOL wth happend at the end? I know you probably made an abrupt stop and the camera flew into the dashboard, bounced off the seat and landed on the floorboard but at first it looked like you wrecked or something.

Are you familiar with Anne Arundel County MD? (Just curious cause I saw your signature and lived there for 6 years).
yea i wedged this little personal media player that records, in between the visor and windshield frame...and it flew off when i made that badass left turn, lolz. that was dumb because it could have flew out of the car and or hit me in the head if i made a hard right. the thing is really heavy and solid too.

i'm about 45 mins away from Arundel County and towards DC. lots of crazy fast Fbodies in that area. freaking guys with high 8 sec cars and crap in the Glenn Burnie area.
Old 08-03-2013, 01:38 AM

We dyno before and after! Check this video out guys!

KeiperTech Hydrogen / Oxygen engine cleaning.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:33 PM
TECH Regular

Your not a sponsor and this thread is 5 years old, don't care

Quick Reply: anyone ever did a before and after Dyno... Seafoam