General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

My car made a pretty loud bang noise. No idea what it could be.

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008 | 01:07 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Jigen
Lmao, you have no idea. I should start recording the **** that comes out of his mouth. He doesn't shut up about Nissans too. He has an '05 Altima (2.5L) that's pretty nice, but he acts like these Nissans are kings of all cars. I like Nissans, they make some nice stuff but he just has that whole "American cars are ****" mentality and it drives me up a wall sometimes, lol.
LOL...I know what you mean My mom has a 2003 Altima 3.5 SE and my sister has a 2002 Altima 2.5 S. I had a few friends with Nissans (maxima's/350z/altima's/spec v sentra's and they were kinda like that.I used to have a fully built 2002 Altima 3.5 SE with NISMO CAI/350Z MAF/350Z Intake Plenium ported with butterfly removed/NISMO 350Z Cams/ Hotshot Headers/Magnaflow 3" Catback/Apexi SAFCII Tuned/ NX 100 shot wet kit/Purge system/ SWA 13oz UD pulley and I think that's about it. For a v6 that thing was pretty quick but for the $$$ i invested ($11,000) for 352hp/395tq (sprayed) it just wasn't worth it. Dumbest thing I ever did. I got in a accident (rear ended) and my car got sandwiched and totaled and i got injured. I didn't have any aftermarket insurance so I got what the car was worth at the time. I lost all the money I invested and told myself i'd never do that again with a car especially a family sedan. Got the Formula right after that and haven't looked back. You know how fast my Formula would be if I had $11,000 in mods?? In the 600hp range at least

Last edited by miamifan3413; 04-18-2008 at 01:12 AM.
Old 04-18-2008 | 09:14 AM
On The Tree

Trigger: Yup, you could very well be right, lol. The car has been running great so I am not worried. The worst thing that can happen is what you said, something breaks and I fix it.

Miamifan: Sucks losing that kind of money from the car, especially when you take the time to get everything done. At least you now have a real nice Firebird.

But yea, I do like most Nissans. 350z's are nice cars, and anyone I know who owns one is pretty level headed. It's usually people with the 4cyl Altimas or Spec-V's who run their mouths.
Old 04-19-2008 | 05:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by miamifan3413
I've heard of the body of the car making pop sounds when flexing.....could be what happened
+1

I sometimes hear a pretty loud noise come from my car. i think its the windshield popping in or out of poistion. it usually happens when I start driving it and after having the ac or heat on for a while. when something heats or cools it expands or contracts in size... maybe it moves where some glue is holding it in place. This has happened on other cars I have owned and never bothers me. sometimes its pretty loud too

Quick Reply: My car made a pretty loud bang noise. No idea what it could be.