Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

installed hooker lt's, now have SES. help please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2003, 11:43 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installed hooker lt's, now have SES. help please!!!

About a month ago I installed hooker lt's and ory with simms, well during the test drive after installing I got ses. Took it to a buddy at dealership and he told me I had a po 135 and 133. one is something about slow response from 02 bank 1, sensor 1. The other is something about heated 02 bank 1, sensor 1. Well, I bought a new 02 thinking maybe one did go out but nope, cleared everything out put new one in and came right back. HOW CAN I FIX THIS??? Don't have access to any kind of tuning as I live in hillbilly ville Arkansas, I hope I'm not going to have to live with it cause the car runs like a POS. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-15-2003, 01:23 PM
TECH Resident

Default Re: installed hooker lt's, now have SES. help please!!!

If I'm not mistaken, you will have to tune the car if you're using O2 simulators because from what I've heard they don't work very well. You would probably have to use LS1edit to delete the O2 sensors from the program altogether. I'm not real familiar with the Predator programmer, but you may be able to use that...anyone know? Sorry I can't be of more help.
Old 09-15-2003, 02:10 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

I bet you have an exhaust leak within 6 inches of the front drivers side O2. Did you clamp or weld the LTs? If you used clamps, recheck, tighten and if you still have a leak get some of that Black Permatex O2 sensor safe rtv. Be careful not to get the "sensor safe rtv," anywhere near the sensor tho. P0133, 135 the only codes you have? If so then, I would even worry about the rear sims. Sucks Predator still does not offer anything for the 98s. Good luck.
Old 09-15-2003, 02:29 PM
Teching In

Well, thanks for the replies guys, I will check for exaust leaks, but don't think I have any cause I used rtv when I clamed everything up. I have thought about tuning but I can't find anyone in Arkansas who has even heard of edit and no one will mail order tune cause they say it needs to be dyno tuned, guess i'll have to make a road trip when i get the money. Does anyone know why it cost so much to dyno tune? I haven't found any place that is under 500 bucks, hell by the time I do that I will have done spent almost 2 grand on this "little" project.
Old 09-15-2003, 08:08 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

Insurance, TAXES, rent, TAXES, equipment, TAXES, employees-, TAXES, good ones- TAXES then there is workmans comp insurance for them, TAXES, yada, yada... And on top of that heaven forbid we allow these guys and gals to provide for their families. Like you said "I can't find anyone in Arkansas..." 500 bucks is not really a bad deal when you consider what these guys go thru to provide the service. With your mods I don't really think a tune would be absolutely necessary-especially in dealing with the P0133, 35 codes however, you'll probably see a performance gain by it.
Old 09-15-2003, 08:17 PM
TECH Regular

I got a 01 SS i gutted the cats with a SLP intemeditate y pipe, i had these to 02 simms from summit for 2 years, never used them. So i finaly install them and i get the SES code :No response BAnk 1 sensor 2, well to make a long story short,, i bought to new 02 simms from speed inc, and no SES since,!
Old 09-15-2003, 09:16 PM
Teching In

well i don't mind paying to get it tuned if it will fix the freakin light, i try to ignore it but can't. and i know it isn't the simms cause sensor 1 is in front of the cats.
Old 09-15-2003, 09:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same problems, and my car runs like crap too. I believe you can get mail order tunning from a couple places. You might check around. I live in Missouri, but not far from Raging motorsports which is in Kansas. Might give them a call. I highly recomend them! My mods are also like yours except I have duals.
Old 09-15-2003, 11:25 PM
TECH Regular

If all you did is put headers on.... you shouldn't be getting any codes. Tuning is not required (although... will make additional power, but certainly not a requirement).

I'd lean toward either leaks at the header collectors or at the flanges to the heads ... OR ... if you have extension wires on the front sensors, they may be wired incorrectly (crossed wires between the male & female ends).

The rear sonsors do not effect the tuning. They just monitor the cats. When eliminating cats, you must use simulators in place of the rear sensors to keep the codes for the rear sensors from turning the engine light on (or tune them out with LS1 or similar tuning). You can leave them disconnected if you don't mind the light....

Anyway... your codes are with the FRONT sensors.. so concentrate there.

Gordon
www.provenperformanceconcepts.com