Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hooker headers any good?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 09:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
It's hard to say what is "the best" header on the market because that is a matter of opinion. What is the best may be the best performing, the best fitting, the best horsepower/dollar, the least expensive, etc. What I can tell you is QTP is one of the best value stainless headers out there as they are less money than other stainless brands and they are one of the best performing as they are the longest designed longtubes, are equal length and have merge collectors. Overall I'm happy with the headers themselves. It's just a shame their y-pipe isn't as good as it is aluminized and has poor ground clearance. If you don't mind having a custom y-pipe made, they're a good way to go.
actually QTP is the worse header you can buy. Ive seen millions of dyno's showing a loss in power after adding QTP.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:16 AM
11 Second Club

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I bought my headers almost a year ago. They have seen considerable rain and they look as good as they did brand new.

I bought them from Heavy6.0 aka SpeedTwwekers
Old 12-16-2008, 07:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

anyone else out there on whats a really nice fitting header and Y pipe combo that wont require any modifications or any sort of alterations to the car for install?
Old 12-16-2008, 01:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Striker
anyone else out there on whats a really nice fitting header and Y pipe combo that wont require any modifications or any sort of alterations to the car for install?
American Racing Headers! I just put mine on, no fitment issues, no clearance issues and great quality. No modifying or alterations at all. Only situation I had, {I don't consider a problem} the band clamp on the end of the Y-pipe wouldn't hold the exhaust together. I just went off and got it welded. We probably didn't clamp it on correctly, I don't think it was the band clamp, I think it was us.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:13 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by mikejones
actually QTP is the worse header you can buy. Ive seen millions of dyno's showing a loss in power after adding QTP.
rofl......is that a joke ?? So that must mean everyone then. I have not had my car on the dyno but i can tell you there is no way i lost power from stock manifolds to qtp's.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 215 Likes on 95 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Hooker headers work great on my ride
The fit/finish/collector are all top notch
$200 is a very good deal!
Old 12-16-2008, 08:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SOMbitch
Thanks ChOOOOCO I just leaned I got rippped off on my ARH's since they were not coated THANKS FOR THE INFO.. HOPE YOUR QTP'S DON'T START LEAKING SOON and banging soon

Dam I was F'd up when I posted this

Fight with GF and went and stayed at a friends last night. Beer all afternoon, then J-bombs and when that was gone Dickel & Dew Man did I pay it this a.m.

Had fun making up with the GF today though
Old 12-16-2008, 10:08 PM
Teching In

the painted or coated headers do rust out quickly,i upgraded to stainless. Hooker headers fit fine and sound great even when rusty.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:01 PM
Teching In

Default Hooker headers

I have the Super Comp Hooker Headers with texas-speed y-pipe into gmmg and i love them and they are coated as well. but paid a pretty penny
Old 01-11-2009, 03:29 PM
12 Second Club

You can't go wrong with a hooker header setup they are a proved company with proven performance parts. I got em and love them the fit was perfect. I would recommend them to anyone. Just my 2 cents

Quick Reply: Hooker headers any good?