Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need a New Lid (larger)

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 09:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast Toys Performance Parts
1. We recommend the not reinforced (no metal refinforced inserts) soft silicone 4" hose. The lack of the reinforcements will allow the hose to be stretched a bit.

2. It's an oddball size. Not sure what suppliers people have found for that.

3. It "works" but is not optimal. It's really a short to shift the MAF table by the use of a resistor. You should get a proper tune to realize the best and safest results.
You sell the 90mm Fast TB, the 85mm Lid, and the SLP 85mm MAF, why can't you start selling the appropriate hoses for a complete solution? Two different hoses, one with and one without a MAF.

I went to Home Depot and picked up a couple of fernco hoses, but one is too short to connect the TB direct to the lid. Two is on the verge of being too long and I'd also need to conect them with 4" pipe.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:43 PM
TECH Junkie

I returned everything to Home Depot and stumbled across a part in the local Pep Boys. Spectre 9751 intake tubing. ~$30 and seems to work fine after trimming length. Jegs and Summit also carry it. E-mailed intakehoses.com but they havent replied to my custom hose inquiry.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JimMueller
I returned everything to Home Depot and stumbled across a part in the local Pep Boys. Spectre 9751 intake tubing. ~$30 and seems to work fine after trimming length. Jegs and Summit also carry it. E-mailed intakehoses.com but they havent replied to my custom hose inquiry.
got a pic of what it looks like. I am jsut curious
Old 03-02-2009, 09:58 PM
TECH Junkie

It's an accordion style hose that can stay expanded and the rubber end pieces thread onto the accordion rings to seal. The rubber rings went on the outside of the TB & lid, so thye inbluded band clamp didn't fit. I don't have a clamp on the lid yet, it's pretty snug though. Because the seal was on the outside of the lid and was a little thicker it was slightly difficult to get the lid tabs in the slots