Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boom tubes? Flat side exhaust exits....

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2004, 10:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have stock manifolds. I have to rebuild my exhaust so im going for a side exit look myself. Not boom tubes casue this car gets a buncha miles a year but just a side exit. So far the car is up on the lift right now and i tore out everything from the y pipe back and i did a test fit for the muffler and piping under the car. if you hvae a mandrel bent y pipe, everything will be about the same height off the ground. I opted to crush everything behind the muffler. just a bit for extra groudn clearance. i will never be able to go over a speed bump again but i never did in the first place. hopefully i wont try to catch my shirt on fire again (lil mishap with the weldin shithence why im writing you guys about this set up) and i can finish up.

I have only one question and i need your opinions about heat. I wrapped the fuel lines and what not under the car, but with stock manifolds, cats and a muffler do you suppose the pipes leading to the sides of the car infront of the rear tires would get that hot?
thanks Travis
Old 02-21-2004, 05:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

" do you suppose the pipes leading to the sides of the car infront of the rear tires would get that hot? "

I wouldnt stick my tounge on them .

Quick Reply: Boom tubes? Flat side exhaust exits....