Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passing Emissions Test In Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 10:26 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the sniffer test at the e-check in Valley View because my OBDII showed Not Ready. I passed with no problems it wasn't even close.

Don't go to the one in Twinsburg. They wouldn't even run the test. They wanted me to get documentation from Kooks that my cats conformed to EPA standard.
Old 09-16-2014, 05:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GTO1_OHIO
They wouldn't even run the test. They wanted me to get documentation from Kooks that my cats conformed to EPA standard.
Long necro-bump. 5 years after my last post in this thread, and I ran into the same situation as GTO above. Except they ran the test, failed me because of tampering, and added a note into their database.

I had this issue at the E-check in Willoughby, and plan on trying Chardon later this week.

Has anyone run into anything like this, and does anyone know what the documentation would be? Like an E.O. number or a CARB number?

Last edited by Pushead; 09-16-2014 at 05:58 PM.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:17 AM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by qwk93ta
The state stopped all that testing is Southern Ohio a few years ago. You can reqest a collectors plate, I had to send the state pictures of my 93 T/A and receipts totaling $5,000 so I did not have to get my car tested any more.
Originally Posted by Viper
I did the collectors plate in Ohio. Have to prove you drive another car as your primary. Plates stay the same and a new sticker costs me $60 a year. If you look at my signature there's no way I'd pass emissions.

http://bmv.ohio.gov/vehicle_registra...tor_plates.htm
This. I've had Collectors Plates for 6 years with no issues. We don't even test where I live, but if my county ever does go E-sniff I'm exempt. You don't even need receipts or anything. Just as long as you have another vehicle titled it YOUR name you can get the plate. They may request receipts/pics if you live in a county that currently tests, but mine were a piece of cake to get.
Old 09-21-2014, 11:27 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Collector tags are a good idea, i went to school with people that work at the lb, so u get around e check pretty easy,
Old 09-21-2014, 11:43 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
Collector tags are a good idea, i went to school with people that work at the lb, so u get around e check pretty easy,
And where i live there is a process to get collector plates, but 4th gens might now be old enough tp not need pics,rec, etc,
Old 09-22-2014, 07:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Here is the updated link.

http://bmv.ohio.gov/sp_collector.stm

When I called Columbus BMV 6 years ago basically I was told there was a "book" and if the car was it I would be good to go. She made it sound like virtually any car that was Out Of Production would be eligible for a CP. I simply told her 2000 Firebird, she asked "Trans Am, I said yes, she asked "couple or convertible" and I said coupe and that was it. No receipts. No pics. Going on the out of production assumption, 4th gen Camaros at one point could have got them until Camaro production resumed. You HAVE to get them in the mail via Columbus first time around as stated in the link.

I had my personalized also. You can get a CP with the regular 7 digit "ABC 1234" type license #. My personalized CPs cost me $120 a year, so get ready to pay a few more bucks for the plate.

Quick Reply: Passing Emissions Test In Ohio