Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edelbrock water pump - Thermostat housing??

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 05:45 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edelbrock water pump - Thermostat housing??

Hello,

I need to replace my water pump. The old one started leaking after laying around "dry" for about 2 years.. Problem is I spent endless hours polishing it to a near-chrome finish, and it is of the design that is impossible to repair..

I've been looking long and hard at the Meziere, but i just cant justify the cost... The chrome one will cost around 1000$. On top of that i need to add shipping to Sweden and 28% in taxes and VAT. That is just too much for a waterpump, at least for me..

Oh well, I've been looking at many different pumps, and I've come up with what would be the best choice for me. The Edelbrock 8896 LS1 pump.

Pros: Mechanical, Removable pulley, Replaceable seals, better/more even flow than stock.
Cons: Needs polishing, needs special thermostat + housing

Edelbrock cost: around 500$ incl pulley & thermostat

I also found out that I will need a special thermostat housing, and this is why i am writing here. Where do i get one? Will i need to get it from GM, or do other shops (E.g. SummitRacing) have it? What is the GM-number for it?

If i am correct i will need one like on the right side of this photo.

I have found that i should be able to use Mr Gasket 6367 with this pump/thermostat housing. Correct?

Any advice/information is much appreciated.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any help or clue will be most appreciated!

Where can i buy the "04+ LS1 Style Thermostat housing" as seen on the picture above?

What is the GM-number for it? Are there aftermarket ones?

Thank you.

Quick Reply: Edelbrock water pump - Thermostat housing??