Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I want a quiet muffler to replace me LM... but just the Muffler

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 12:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DAMN! The funny thing is I'm trying to make it louder than it would be with a LTs + ORY + LM1... that's why I'm going with the dual cutouts up front.

I'm throwing on the quiet catback as some salvation for the times when i'll need it.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:13 PM
Teching In

Well, I have the SLP powerflo (suppose to be their quiet one).
Yeah, it sounds good around town and just driving around. Cruising on the highway sucks. Deep bass drone.. I had a glass pack welded in to try to get rid of it, in front of the Ipipe muffler. It helped, but after a 2 hour road trip the wife and I both had migraines.
Not kewl.
Im looking for a whole new system.

Thinking about a Hooker aerochamber with a 5" round magnaflow in the I pipe.

J
Old 02-25-2009, 08:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by fastr
Well, I have the SLP powerflo (suppose to be their quiet one).
Yeah, it sounds good around town and just driving around. Cruising on the highway sucks. Deep bass drone.. I had a glass pack welded in to try to get rid of it, in front of the Ipipe muffler. It helped, but after a 2 hour road trip the wife and I both had migraines.
Not kewl.
Im looking for a whole new system.

Thinking about a Hooker aerochamber with a 5" round magnaflow in the I pipe.

J
Thats the first review i've seen on it. Wish I could hear clips of it oher than whats on slp's site.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:14 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=SweetS10V8;11123697]Loud F-bodies are like loud imports.... seriously it does get old, and Im a car guy.

Quiet and quick is the way to go. You get to have more fun without being noticed, and you arent crying out for attention...

I dont agree; let that v8 roar. I dont think a loud f-body is anything like a loud import farting down the highway. I always turn my radio off when I see f-body or vette about to pass just so I can hear how it sounds. I dont drive mine everyday so it never gets old; want to make it louder actually.
OP look up hushpower pro series mufflers they are on the pricey side for just a muffler but they look like they may fit in place of the LM resonator without much difficuty.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:17 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
Thats the first review i've seen on it. Wish I could hear clips of it oher than whats on slp's site.
Yeah and that car on slp's sight sounds like it has more done to it than just a catback.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:43 PM
Banned

My favorite is the SLP two out on the left. SLP dual dual for ultra quiet. The key is buy stainless once and be done with it.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

I wonder how bad a LM 1 would sound with this set up, ARH headers...the ARH high flow cats...and the LM1 or with the Borlamouth? Im not in the mood to change out my exhaust come spring when I put my headers on. What do you guys think about this.