Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

borla VS corsa

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2003, 07:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: borla VS corsa

I've had LM, it sounds great. Borla is more refined, but run wide open there's no question its all about performance. I've heard SOME people who get corsa have to replace the muffler 2-3 times, others never have an issue. My vote goes for GMMG, sounds just f'in awesome. Borla tips are tight, but tips aren't what decides sound. Listen to them and choose accordingly. $700 is a lot of money to blow.
Old 10-16-2003, 02:58 PM
TECH Resident

I would say GMMG, but I have never liked Borla or Corsa. I am running the stock Firehawk exhaust with a QTEC cutout and love it, but if I were to get a catback it would ABSOLUTELY be GMMG! Listen to some sounds clips. Also, you can put any tips you want on it...most options and best sound...can't go wrong!
Old 10-16-2003, 07:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

I love my Borla. Being able to adjust it. The sound. Run mine on 1.5 inch plate. For me it's perfect.
Old 10-16-2003, 10:20 PM
Staging Lane

I vote for the borla. Nice accelerating sound and a good kackle.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:51 PM
Teching In

the borla & flowmaster sounds great with stock headers , y pipe and mid length 3'' borla catback with borla tips

now it has longtubes hedmen hedders, milled cut 806 heads, will record a video before i swap the borla catback for some flowmaster cb and a cutout

ive had it with no catback when replaced the fuel pump with a highflow fuel systems a.m , mid lenght open cut pipe and it sound it loud

now it just has longtubes open headers and is way louder plus its deep vibe sound just on idle, beautiful ssound!
Old 09-13-2012, 05:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had both the Loudmouth and the Corsa. I had the LM with stock mani's and y, and when I put the headers and ORY on I bought a Corsa because the LM was too loud for me to drive around every day.
I love the sound of the Corsa, and have gotten multiple compliments from people at gas stations and even red lights on how good it sounded. This is with ORY, and more recently a 111LSA cam. I open the cutout at the track to avoid throwing too much air through the muffler and I've avoided blowing it apart so far.
My vote is Corsa, and open the cutout for WOT, especially since yours is electric.

P.S. I'm considering going true duals, and would be willing to sell the Corsa. I wouldn't go with any other cat-back, but duals are calling my name. PM me if you decide on the Corsa
Old 09-13-2012, 08:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a corsa on one car and a gmmg on the other. The corsa is louder and sound good with the m6. The gmmg is more refined. However it is pretty mean at wot. I've never had a borla. You can't go wrong with gmmg or corsa though.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:12 AM
12 Second Club

+1 for Borla!!! With the plates or a cutout you can adjust for times you need it loud or a little tamer.

Never had GMMG but every sound clip i've ever heard sounds amazing! I will have a gmmg catback someday.
Old 09-14-2012, 05:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Formula 1
I had Corsa on my car when it was pretty much stock, it sounded great! However, when I put my H/C package and headers on it sounded like ***! I guess all that extra air was too much! I called Corsa and they sent me a new muffler and it still sounded bad. I ended up taking it off and installing the Hooker, which sounds awesome and is a hole lot cheaper! The Hooker cat back is also easy to take off when you go to the track! Good Luck!
-Travis
No cats I assume?

OP.......I had a Corsa with my previous set-up (H/C), catted Y, etc and have yet to hear and/or see a better exhaust system for these cars. Still as subjective as catted car sounds vs non, you have to pony of the cash. Base it on your needs, not everyone's opinion. Btw, there's a reason why you don't see "Borla Clone" exhaust tips out there

Quick Reply: borla VS corsa