Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

exhaust help! borla tunable

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 06:06 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust help! borla tunable

hey guys i have the tunable borla system on my car. it was on the car when i bought it so i do not have any of the plates to go in it. there are no plates in it now. with the mods done to my car now (see sig) it is really really loud!! i love it but i would like to make it a little quieter at times like then the man is around or i take the girl home at 3A.M. my question is what about putting an exhaust cut out in place of the plate? this way i can run it closed for quiet and have only single exhaust all running through the muffler and still run it open for the track or anywhere in between without having to change plates. would this idea work? my car was tuned with no plates. would running the cut out closed ( in turn running single exhaust) increase the back pressure enough to mess up the tune? thanks
Old 02-26-2009, 01:36 PM
TECH Addict

why dont you just make some new plates for it, im pretty sure you just need some steel and drill defferent sized wholes in it...
Old 02-26-2009, 02:02 PM
12 Second Club

I made some out of scrap sheet metal I had laying around. I just cut the metal into properly sized triangular pieces and drilled holes in them.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

An electric cutout will fit perfectly where the plates go I love mine. I can go from super quiet (well, kinda) to loud as **** in 4.75 seconds! One of the best mods I've done.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:01 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by WS6 GreeN
An electric cutout will fit perfectly where the plates go I love mine. I can go from super quiet (well, kinda) to loud as **** in 4.75 seconds! One of the best mods I've done.
I always kinda wondered if one would fit there? is that part of the pipe 3 inch on a borla?
Old 02-26-2009, 09:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The cutout would go between the two flanges where the plate would go. All you have to do is loosen the pass. exhaust tip and push it in about half an inch so that tip doesn't stick out further than the other one. I bought a QTP specifically for the Borla plate system, but have had to send it back for rebuild once. They don't like backfires.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:30 PM
Teching In

QTP makes an E-cutout specifically for your application, i ran one with my old borla set up on my Z28.

https://shop.quicktimeperformance.co...ct_detail&p=55
Old 02-27-2009, 06:12 AM
Launching!

thanks guys that was exactly what i was looking for

Quick Reply: exhaust help! borla tunable