Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which o2 sensors do you prefer???

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 06:01 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which o2 sensors do you prefer???

I've seen denso, ac delco, bosch, walker products and a few other brand o2 sensor's. Which brand do you prefer to use.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:25 PM
12 Second Club

anyone??
Old 03-06-2009, 10:34 PM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I would only use AC Delco sensors......but I had no choice but to go with Densos a couple weeks ago when one of mine took a ****. Perfect so far.

ALSO, a couple weeks ago when I ordered brand new AC Delcos from Bennett Auto Supply, when I got there and the guy handed me the AC Delco boxes I opened them up and what did I see inside....Densos. So I asked him to go in the back and get me two Densos sensors, I took them out and they were 100% identical down to the bags they were in, instruction paper and anti-sieze tube inside the bag. I said, "whats up with this?" He had no idea. But the AC Delcos were like $25.00 more for each sensor.

So obviously I took the Densos.

So either someone stole the AC Delcos out of the boxes and replaced them with Densos...or GM is now contracting with Denso for their 02 sensors.

Either way, they are working picture perfect. I paid $120.00 for both, with the 15% discount coupon Bennett has on their website.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:39 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks for the info. I read alot of threads on how bosch o2 sensor made lsx cars run like crap. I'm going purchase those denso o2's and give them a try.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by boola1341
Thanks for the info. I read alot of threads on how bosch o2 sensor made lsx cars run like crap. I'm going purchase those denso o2's and give them a try.
My engine simply does not run with Bosch plugs, literally will not run.
Old 03-07-2009, 01:21 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LS6427
My engine simply does not run with Bosch plugs, literally will not run.
wierd i have the corvette bosch o2's, and i burnt up one set after my header install, but warranty replaced them and now the car is running great and no problems since!

i have seen people complain about them but have seen no evidence as to why? im just curious...
Old 03-07-2009, 01:24 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jrob56
wierd i have the corvette bosch o2's, and i burnt up one set after my header install, but warranty replaced them and now the car is running great and no problems since!

i have seen people complain about them but have seen no evidence as to why? im just curious...
I have no idea. I know people that use them and they're fine, but some people's cars will not run with them. Same with their spark plugs, they just run like crap in my car.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:39 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LS6427
I would only use AC Delco sensors......but I had no choice but to go with Densos a couple weeks ago when one of mine took a ****. Perfect so far.

ALSO, a couple weeks ago when I ordered brand new AC Delcos from Bennett Auto Supply, when I got there and the guy handed me the AC Delco boxes I opened them up and what did I see inside....Densos. So I asked him to go in the back and get me two Densos sensors, I took them out and they were 100% identical down to the bags they were in, instruction paper and anti-sieze tube inside the bag. I said, "whats up with this?" He had no idea. But the AC Delcos were like $25.00 more for each sensor.

So obviously I took the Densos.

So either someone stole the AC Delcos out of the boxes and replaced them with Densos...or GM is now contracting with Denso for their 02 sensors.

Either way, they are working picture perfect. I paid $120.00 for both, with the 15% discount coupon Bennett has on their website.
I wouldn't be surprised if they're both made by the same company....kinda like oil pumps...from what I read there's only like a few major manufacturers that make them (stock design anyway) then everybody else reboxes them..you can tell by the markings on the body..same with everything, tools, dealer parts, store parts....Just like Autolite makes the Motorcraft plugs for Ford and Purolator makes the oil filters for Motorcraft I believe.....I've gotten plenty of dealer parts that said "made in Taiwan, China, etc" or built by XXXXX to OEM's specs and thrown in a "genuine dealer part box" and with a Stealership price tag.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

2-1/2 Years with BOSCH 13111 VETTE sensors and no problems at all...
Old 03-07-2009, 11:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NHRAMAN
What is the deal with the Vette sensors? What's the difference?
Old 03-07-2009, 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

I currently use Bosch sensors but only one is regular narrowband O2. The other Bosch is a wideband that goes to a controller that emulates the narrowband signal and feeds that to the PCM. Seems to work ok.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Notmyvette
I wouldn't be surprised if they're both made by the same company....kinda like oil pumps...from what I read there's only like a few major manufacturers that make them (stock design anyway) then everybody else reboxes them..you can tell by the markings on the body..same with everything, tools, dealer parts, store parts....Just like Autolite makes the Motorcraft plugs for Ford and Purolator makes the oil filters for Motorcraft I believe.....I've gotten plenty of dealer parts that said "made in Taiwan, China, etc" or built by XXXXX to OEM's specs and thrown in a "genuine dealer part box" and with a Stealership price tag.
Oh yeah, I here ya. The Densos however are a totally different design of sensor. It looks completely different too. The AC Delcos have slits in the tip of the sensor and the Densos have small holes all around the tip. The Densos are also a smaller piece over-all, nice and thin. Not big and bulky liek the AC Delco.

Maybe in GM's tough times right now they are using Densos. They're less than half the price of the AC Delcos for each sensor. The retail price at the dealership is $190.00, my friend who works the parts counter gave me a discounted price of $130.00 each. I got my Densos at Bennett, BOTH for $120.00.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:24 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by NHRAMAN
That is good to hear

Originally Posted by wht01ws6ta
What is the deal with the Vette sensors? What's the difference?
The vette o2's are longer so you use them instead of extensions when installing longtubes. It didnt make sense to me to buy extensions for my 100k mile o2's, then if one of them burnt out Id have to spend more money to replace a stock short o2. So instead I replaced both with the new vette o2's with a one year warranty. Paid off too because a month later my longtubes burnt out the first set, warranty replaced them, been good ever since...
Old 03-07-2009, 11:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

That is good to hear

The vette o2's are longer so you use them instead of extensions when installing longtubes. It didnt make sense to me to buy extensions for my 100k mile o2's, then if one of them burnt out Id have to spend more money to replace a stock short o2. So instead I replaced both with the new vette o2's with a one year warranty. Paid off too because a month later my longtubes burnt out the first set, warranty replaced them, been good ever since...
Ok thanks that's what I thought. Same sensor, just longer wires?
Old 03-07-2009, 11:45 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by wht01ws6ta
Ok thanks that's what I thought. Same sensor, just longer wires?
Yep you got the idea!
Old 03-07-2009, 12:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

fyi AC DELCO plugs are NGK and The oxygen sensors have almost always been a denso. if you read the part next time you will know.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:57 PM
12 Second Club

Soon after my header install I burnt up both my stock sensors. I replaced both with bosch 13111s and it is already throwing an o2 sensor code. They've only been in there for about 5k miles.
Old 03-07-2009, 04:04 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by zracer323
Soon after my header install I burnt up both my stock sensors. I replaced both with bosch 13111s and it is already throwing an o2 sensor code. They've only been in there for about 5k miles.
mine was about the same, and after they were replaced under warranty have been fine since...did urs come with a warranty?
Old 03-08-2009, 01:18 PM
12 Second Club

mine was about the same, and after they were replaced under warranty have been fine since...did urs come with a warranty?
I dont think so but i will check
Old 03-08-2009, 02:46 PM
12 Second Club

That is good to hear

So you DONT have to run extension's with the Vette O2 Sensor's?! Hmmm anyone know the Vette Part Number for a Denso O2 Sensor?

Quick Reply: Which o2 sensors do you prefer???