Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FAST 92 Intake Bolts Loosening Up

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 09:29 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FAST 92 Intake Bolts Loosening Up

Just installed a Fast 92. I am having problems keeping the bolts torqued down. I did not put loctite on them the first time and figured that was the reason. So I put blue loctite on them and torqued them to the recommended 89 in/lbs. I drove it about 20 miles to work and back, checked them, and they loosened up again. Would checking them while it was still hot make a difference? Should I go with the red loctite? Thanks for any help
Old 03-24-2009, 11:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JoeMack
Just installed a Fast 92. I am having problems keeping the bolts torqued down. I did not put loctite on them the first time and figured that was the reason. So I put blue loctite on them and torqued them to the recommended 89 in/lbs. I drove it about 20 miles to work and back, checked them, and they loosened up again. Would checking them while it was still hot make a difference? Should I go with the red loctite? Thanks for any help
are you giving the locktite some time to dry and set before starting the car up and driving it?
Old 03-25-2009, 08:16 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
are you giving the locktite some time to dry and set before starting the car up and driving it?
I started it for a couple of minutes to check for any vacuum leaks then let it sit for a few a few hours before driving.