Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

List you best mod....

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 01:44 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cam and Stall both made a huge difference.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Quik Sand
Flowmaster muffler. Thing gave me atleast -20 horses.

Anyone help a poor college student out with a catback.....hell Ill even settle for just a better muffler
Seriously
Old 08-10-2009, 01:52 PM
Launching!

my 2 1/16 Autometer Ultra Comp clock guage.. looks like its a racecar now with all the guages and whatnot. and comes with a Autometer sticker you can put on your door so people know your serious.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the LS9 I put in last week
Old 08-10-2009, 02:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

11:1 375ci lq4
Old 08-10-2009, 02:10 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Back when my car still had the LT1, 4.10 gears made a huge difference in SOTP.

That being said, my best mod to date is the LS1 swap,,,,, hands down, the best mod EVER!!!

Mike
Old 08-10-2009, 02:30 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Quik Sand
Flowmaster muffler. Thing gave me atleast -20 horses.

Anyone help a poor college student out with a catback.....hell Ill even settle for just a better muffler

Just add a cheap $45 man cut out.
And I dont have much but so far I would say FTRA and free mods at the same time gave me great throttle responce and good sotp wile already moving. Could kick my self in the nuts for not doing it sooner had the car 3 years befor I did it
Old 08-10-2009, 04:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

9in rear and 4.10 gears and not having to ever worry about the rear again.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

HPTuners pro was also a good investment. I havent got a wideband yet, but it will easily interface with it. It was a pricey investment, but I plan on changing my setup more than once, and if you pay a dyno twice to tune your car then you've just missed HPTuners. The learning curve is huge, like PHD huge, but its so worth all the studying/reading/trial and error to have a SES free car that runs great on a cam.

Plus, if I am indecisive and put another cam in, then turbo it, then change turbo cam, etc... I can keep adjusting to get it right, and with the change in seasons you can have multiple tunes.

If you plan on keeping your car for the long haul, drive it daily, and are slowly piecing together the parts to an LS5 twin turbo 900ci nitro 32 valve magnesium engine with a flux capacitor, then you can change your tune little by little.

While my plans don't include a flux capacitor, they do include getting an LQ9, rocking that for a little while with just a cam, then building a turbo kit for it and changing cams, then maybe going Speed Density, then maybe going to a single plane mani, then maybe upping the boost, rocking that till I'm forced to get a 408... see how many tunes I would need? I'm covered.

Old 08-10-2009, 08:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by KurtRardin
HPTuners pro was also a good investment. I havent got a wideband yet, but it will easily interface with it. It was a pricey investment, but I plan on changing my setup more than once, and if you pay a dyno twice to tune your car then you've just missed HPTuners. The learning curve is huge, like PHD huge, but its so worth all the studying/reading/trial and error to have a SES free car that runs great on a cam.

Plus, if I am indecisive and put another cam in, then turbo it, then change turbo cam, etc... I can keep adjusting to get it right, and with the change in seasons you can have multiple tunes.

If you plan on keeping your car for the long haul, drive it daily, and are slowly piecing together the parts to an LS5 twin turbo 900ci nitro 32 valve magnesium engine with a flux capacitor, then you can change your tune little by little.

While my plans don't include a flux capacitor, they do include getting an LQ9, rocking that for a little while with just a cam, then building a turbo kit for it and changing cams, then maybe going Speed Density, then maybe going to a single plane mani, then maybe upping the boost, rocking that till I'm forced to get a 408... see how many tunes I would need? I'm covered.

This is high on my priority list and gets my vote. I'm doing the something similar: Heads/cam first, experiment with different intakes/TB's...then turbo. I've had 3 tunes in 2 years. It's the experience I would get from learning to tune is what turns me on. Great suggestion