Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GMMG guys..check this out

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 06:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GMMG guys..check this out

There were quite a few guys I know on the forums who were looking to either quiet their GMMG setup down when they added a cam or just reduce the rasp a little. In my case both. I spoke with Matt at GMMG and he made this up for me. Its basically the GMMG I pipe in stainless steel but instead of the straight pipe it has a GMMG chambered muffler in place.

Just thought I'd post some pictures for you guys to see. I haven't installed it yet but hopefully this will kill the rasp I have in the 2000-2200 rpm range. Since it comes as a new I pipe you won't have to hack up the original I pipe and weld it in. It also makes it interchangeable if you ever wanted it louder again or if you're going to the track.

Old 07-16-2009, 06:20 PM
Launching!

hmm, interesting. You running ORY?
Old 07-16-2009, 08:05 PM
11 Second Club

very neat
Old 07-16-2009, 08:46 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

Looks nice on the outside, but I like the inside of the Classic Chambered Powerpack better. I had one of those welded into my I-pipe when I had my GMMG for the same reason.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:52 PM
Staging Lane

i know this thread is dead but did you ever get this installed or has anyone had any experience with this? i have kooks lt's and their catted y with gmmg and the rasp is killing me. i would get a powerstick but after all the money i got in my exhaust i would like to keep it stainless. or i may just have to sell the gmmg.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by userws6
i know this thread is dead but did you ever get this installed or has anyone had any experience with this? i have kooks lt's and their catted y with gmmg and the rasp is killing me. i would get a powerstick but after all the money i got in my exhaust i would like to keep it stainless. or i may just have to sell the gmmg.
Check out my pics... By adding the powerstick in the I pipe, it killed about 98% of my rasp.. I have an O/R Y and a cam

Here is my custom exhaust

QTP LTs + Custom 3" Kooks O/R Y + Flowmaster 3'' x 3.5" Merge + Powerstick + DMH 3" E- CutOut + GMMG cat back

Old 08-10-2010, 06:32 PM
TECH Regular

I was in the same boat as you and ended up going with a 30" stainless works muffler in the i-pipe. Got rid of almost all the rasp and still gave it the tone and volume I was looking for. PM me if you want a few sound clips.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:50 PM
Staging Lane

I've got the ARH LT's with their catted y-pipe, together with a GMMG catback and had a Magnaflow bullet muffler (#14419) welded into the i-pipe to try and cure the rasp. It's softened the sound across the whole range a little, but the rasp at around 2k rpm is still pretty piercing. If it really is down to the GMMG then I'm just going to have to swap it out for a different catback.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:18 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TORCHD 02 TA
Check out my pics... By adding the powerstick in the I pipe, it killed about 98% of my rasp.. I have an O/R Y and a cam

Here is my custom exhaust

QTP LTs + Custom 3" Kooks O/R Y + Flowmaster 3'' x 3.5" Merge + Powerstick + DMH 3" E- CutOut + GMMG cat back

Any videos of this exhaust set up?
Old 08-13-2010, 01:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's and idle clip.. I have some vids from the track but it is hard to hear the exhaust

Old 08-13-2010, 10:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks nice! I like a little rasp, sounds bad *** to me!!

Quick Reply: GMMG guys..check this out