Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What mufflers with a true dual system?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2003, 10:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did you email me yet or no? budchevy358@yahoo.com
Old 11-21-2003, 10:42 PM
10 Second Club

Currently running Pacesetter LT's, 3" ORP's to a Dr.GAS X pipe to 18" Dynomax bullets dumped at the axle under an agressive(ish) H/C car. If you're looking for that pissed off mountain motor LS1 sound....this IS it....trust me. Nasty idle....NO drone...NO rasp...SNOTTY LOUD WOT..... best sounding system I've EVER heard. Gets lots of compliments/attention.

Downside..... is loud....no sneaking around....'03 cobra's think twice....
Old 11-21-2003, 11:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1CAMWNDR
That is it....the EXACT exhaust system I hope to have, including the Pacesetter headers!
Do you have a sound clip of that??
I see that I need to check out the other stuff that Husker has .
Yea Bro I understand, 2 Words.... BAD *** =) Sorry i have no clips =( Wish i Could record it for you but i don't have access... =(

Laters Steve-0
Old 11-22-2003, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00
did you email me yet or no? budchevy358@yahoo.com

I did last night, but I guess Yahoo is like Hotmail and wont accept large files so it bounced back. Ill send them seperate and see if it works
Old 11-22-2003, 08:00 AM
TECH Junkie

Location: From the Bowels of Hell!!! You want some of me bitch?!?!?!

Why put Flowdisasters on an f-body? They sound and flow like crap. Thunder has done back to back testing and lost a bunch of hp through them. I don't have sound clips of mine but everyperson that has heard it says it doesn't even sound like an LS1. It sounds old school SBC. Plus, you don't need the x or h pipe. You can see in the pic I posted above that it is a very simple design, and flows very well. All mandrel bent, tig welded.
Old 11-22-2003, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Tim98TA
Why put Flowdisasters on an f-body? They sound and flow like crap. Thunder has done back to back testing and lost a bunch of hp through them. I don't have sound clips of mine but everyperson that has heard it says it doesn't even sound like an LS1. It sounds old school SBC. Plus, you don't need the x or h pipe. You can see in the pic I posted above that it is a very simple design, and flows very well. All mandrel bent, tig welded.
Youre kidding, right? Sound like crap... lol I seriously doubt that Trust me, mine doesnt sound like a LS1 and I have more compliments that I can count. I get waved down in traffic, stopped on the streets, and have seen people hold their cell phones out the windows of their car for someone to listen

Maybe the 2 or 3 chambers flow like crap, but there are the delta FORCE (not flow) race mufflers. GeorgeC went 9s with this same muffler Mine is also simple.

http://community.webshots.com/user/countryboy4948

They tuck up a little better as I have the Kooks headers now and that was with the SLPs

BTW~ Find me that link of where Thunder flowd them. Im curious
Old 11-22-2003, 08:45 AM

BTW~ I keep getting the yahoo emails bounced back...
Old 11-22-2003, 11:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Location: From the Bowels of Hell!!! You want some of me bitch?!?!?!

Well, ya'll do what ever. Flowdisasters are for Mudstains.
Old 11-22-2003, 11:52 AM
TECH Veteran

I couldn't agree more with Country Boy!!! I did my setup exactly like the pic's he sent me, and it is by far the best sounding exhaust I have ever heard. I've gotten more compliments than I could count, and I've never met anyone who didn't like it..

Last edited by Patrolman808; 11-22-2003 at 11:58 AM.
Old 11-22-2003, 02:20 PM
On The Tree

if you're willing to spend the money look at Borla's XR-1 line of mufflers.. I have the Sportman Ovals on mine and love it really deep and it rumbles like the beast it should be
Old 11-22-2003, 04:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tim98TA
Well, ya'll do what ever. Flowdisasters are for Mudstains.
The point you are missing is that the Flowmaster 80-Series cat back for the F-body flows like crap. We are talking about a true dual system with the 10-Series DeltaFORCE race mufflers.
Night and Day difference!
Old 11-22-2003, 05:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

holy crap that sounds sweet ill get it up as soon as i can, maybe about 10 or so tonight
Old 11-22-2003, 06:21 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

people that need to host sound clips can go to http://ourworld.cs.com/, click edit. enter your AIM log in info. if you dont have aim then you can sign up for it. you get 20mb free storage.
Old 11-23-2003, 04:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just heard Country Boy's set up. Im very biased about flowmasters, because ive seen time and time agian where people lose horspower with them.

However, his set up is by far the best sounding exaust set up I have ever heard on an LS1. I would be interested in seeing some flow numbers on those single chamber flowmasters, as well as a comparison on a complete X-pipe set up between the flowmasters and a typical borla or dynomax bullit set up.

Anyway, Congrats once again on your set up CB. It sounds deep and wicked.

LATER
Old 11-23-2003, 05:29 PM

Thanks for the link jrp. Im going to try that!

Rev.. Thanks bud People lose HP with the 80 series crossflow Fbody mufflers. The cross flows are complete crap if youve ever seen a crosssection of one. As far as HP, I dunno about comparing them to a Borla X1 or a bullet as both of them are straight through with 0 restricition, but you may never know. Im sure all the research that Flowmaster does with airflow with their baffles and plates and whatnot arent there to make someone lose power, but if they lose a couple HP, then so be it, The sound makes it worth its weight in gold!
Old 11-23-2003, 06:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

i ordered some pacesetters and i have a flow, i have no idea what one it is but after i get it all done ill post a link for the sound clip if anyone wants to hear it...
Old 11-24-2003, 06:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Country Boy

Rev.. Thanks bud People lose HP with the 80 series crossflow Fbody mufflers. The cross flows are complete crap if youve ever seen a crosssection of one. As far as HP, I dunno about comparing them to a Borla X1 or a bullet as both of them are straight through with 0 restricition, but you may never know. Im sure all the research that Flowmaster does with airflow with their baffles and plates and whatnot arent there to make someone lose power, but if they lose a couple HP, then so be it, The sound makes it worth its weight in gold!

Tru DAt...the price for that set up isnt bad either. Too bad im leaning toward a turbo set up now lol

Might have to buy another LS1 and go procharger so i can run kooks with your dual set up.
Old 11-25-2003, 12:33 AM
MASS seller approved

Originally Posted by Country Boy

Any way you could send me a copy of the sound file?

If so, please send it to: timsova@triton.net and I'll get it hosted on my website.

Thanks
Tim
Old 11-26-2003, 07:06 PM
Launching!

Has anyone hosted this yet?
If not, Could you please send me a copy Country Boy?
kburke10@ameritech.net

I am about to put on a set of Dynatech long tubes and I am trying to decide on the rest of my dual exhaust setup.
Old 11-26-2003, 08:03 PM
Launching!

I got it. Thanks.

Quick Reply: What mufflers with a true dual system?