Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 Pro Flo intake test fit.

Old 08-01-2009, 08:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS2 Pro Flo intake test fit.

i got my Pro Flo intake on the car today, after some cutting i got my hood to close. i have a mecham hood. its about the same hight as a WS6 hood.

Old 08-01-2009, 11:05 PM

Hi mate dont suppose you have the part number for the intake and the fuel rails- also where you picked them up from.

Is this the same as the LS1 or different

( I have an LS1)
Thnx

STOKED

Old 08-02-2009, 12:42 AM
TECH Resident

I sure do have the number for the black one its 71403. the only difference between the ls1 and ls2 models is the throttle body flange and they have better clearance for the injectors.

i got the intake from Richard at West Coast Cylinder Heads. He was very helpful and he has the intake and rails in stock. He even shiped out the intake the same day i ordered

His user name on tech is Richard@WCCH web site http://www.proheads.com/ and phone number (818) 705-5454
Old 08-02-2009, 12:59 PM
11 Second Club

hell yes bad ***.... i wich i had the money so i could try it on my car with the ss hood..... i belive.... it will fit with little cutting on the back..... but very very bad *** how much clearance do u have for slight engine movement? does it have enough room to rock while camming or what have u
Old 08-02-2009, 02:50 PM
TECH Resident

well there is no room for it to move, right now i could maybe put 1 sheet of paper between the hood and the throttle flange.. but i have solid motor mounts so i hope that helps
Old 08-02-2009, 03:21 PM
11 Second Club

is there any way to remove more material off the top of the intake.. on the throttle body flange?
Old 08-02-2009, 04:21 PM
TECH Regular

Wow, nice job. I was thinking about going with that intake, but I don't feel like going through the work to make it fit. I'm just gonna run the victor jr instead and this one will go in my buddy's ls1 mustang we're building. Here's a pic from yesterday when I was just trying to mock it up and see how much I would have to remove. Also, do you know if the edelbrock throttle bodies are special for this intake? I lined up a nick williams with this intake and the mounting holes didn't match up.
Old 08-02-2009, 06:15 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 98mysticZ
is there any way to remove more material off the top of the intake.. on the throttle body flange?
well they have already removed a lot off the top compared to the ls1. i am sure you could but i don think it will be enough to help, if i need more room for the thorttle body i am going to space the k-member

Originally Posted by rmata
Wow, nice job. I was thinking about going with that intake, but I don't feel like going through the work to make it fit. I'm just gonna run the victor jr instead and this one will go in my buddy's ls1 mustang we're building. Here's a pic from yesterday when I was just trying to mock it up and see how much I would have to remove. Also, do you know if the edelbrock throttle bodies are special for this intake? I lined up a nick williams with this intake and the mounting holes didn't match up.
The throttle body i order is for this intake, but any throttle body should fit. i test fitted a ls2 drive by wire t/b andit fits fine. The intake does have muilt. bolt holes for different t/b just have to find witch one that works.
Keep in mind this is the ls2 version, so the ls1 t/b wont fit one i have.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:04 PM
TECH Regular

I know there's mulitiple holes, but mine didn't line up for some reason. 2 holes on any one side will line up perfect, but then the other two on the opposite side won't. I figured my NW 90mm throttle body would bolt up regardless of what intake. We're going to go ahead and order an edelbrock one anyway
Old 08-02-2009, 07:07 PM
TECH Regular

Oh, you know what else I just noticed....the one I have isn't machined for throttle body gasket like yours is...I wonder if maybe I have one of the first production ones that could possible be from a bad batch or something. I'll need to bust out the tape measure for this and do a little research
Old 08-02-2009, 07:10 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by rmata
Oh, you know what else I just noticed....the one I have isn't machined for throttle body gasket like yours is...I wonder if maybe I have one of the first production ones that could possible be from a bad batch or something. I'll need to bust out the tape measure for this and do a little research
i am preety sure you do have the LS1 style, so yea it would be one of the first productions, on mine they cleanance more room for the injectors.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by phoenix
I sure do have the number for the black one its 71403. the only difference between the ls1 and ls2 models is the throttle body flange and they have better clearance for the injectors.

i got the intake from Richard at West Coast Cylinder Heads. He was very helpful and he has the intake and rails in stock. He even shiped out the intake the same day i ordered

His user name on tech is Richard@WCCH web site http://www.proheads.com/ and phone number (818) 705-5454
Thnx mate

I will hit Richard up for a price on the LS2 version in Black plus fuel rails.He has a great deal on the silver and rails for $577 i am sure it wont be to much more for the black.

Just gota post it to Australia lol

Old 08-09-2009, 06:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Subscribing. Good job man, can't wait to see more on this. I knew we'd have someone to buck the system and try it on an Fbody regardless of what everyone said about fitment. It looks like you almost got a new place to mount a dash compass to, lol. That thing is tall! Can't wait to hear more feedback.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:32 AM
TECH Resident

right now i am waiting on the throttle body i think i may have to space the k-member a little to fit the throttle body. Also find i need to do some more cutting on the cowl. i cant fit the map sensor right now. i wil post more pics as i go along
Old 08-09-2009, 05:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm sure there's room for the map sensor if you remove the radio, lol. Sweet ride man.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

wow talk about having to make it fit. What had to be done with the fuel rails? Any wiring have to be extended?
Old 08-15-2009, 08:16 PM
TECH Resident

i dont know yet, i havnt put the harness in yet. i test fited stock ls1 injectors cuz i know some people was haing problems with the injectors. with the edelbrock rails they fit prefect. I dont have anymore updated pics but now i have the throttle body on and i had to cut some more out of the hood. only problem now is that the hood is pretty much resting on the throttle body. I am going to put spacers on the k-member to space it out about 1/2 inch.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:44 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought this was going to be a dyno test. It looks good though. Nice to see something different besides FAST/LS6/etc. I know Exotic Performance Plus was running a sale on this last week. They have both the intake and the fuel rail numbers in their thread in the Sponsor sales section.

I can't wait to see results on this bad boy but I really want to see a comparo at some point on one of these.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:12 AM
11 Second Club

any results on this intake yet?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LS2 Pro Flo intake test fit.