Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP lid PISSES ME OFF

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 10:10 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by smg267
I'm with you! Never had a fitment problem or hood rubbing either. I clamp it to the MAF before clipping it in. Then bend the tabs down when I reinstall it so the clamps don't come off. Other than that it works fine.
maybe there is a wrong way and a right way . . . we just did it the right way lol
Old 06-11-2010, 06:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My issue is with the clips they keep popping off.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Killer_Z
My issue is with the clips they keep popping off.
I have a blackwing lid and the clips also got really loose. Tried to bend the clips but that's useless. I fixed it by cutting small pieces of heater hose and putting them between the clip and the lip of the lid where the clip fits over, works great so far.
Old 06-12-2010, 08:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have two SLP lids, one a few years old and the othet I bought about a month ago. I can tell you, the new one is absolute ****. It cracked as soon as I even attempted to put it on, the plastic was flimsy and it fit poorly. My older one is MUCH thicker plastic, well molded and bonded, and slipped over the MAF end like a glove in about 1.5 seconds. Seriously, it was effortless and it fit over the lower box way better. So I think the quality has gone down at some point in the past few years.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:13 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by patSS/00
I have a blackwing lid and the clips also got really loose. Tried to bend the clips but that's useless. I fixed it by cutting small pieces of heater hose and putting them between the clip and the lip of the lid where the clip fits over, works great so far.
hmm i'll try that out. thanks for the tip.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hmm weird. Bought mine and got I on fast with no problems. Or so I thought. If you don't have the lid on in the right position I realized that you can't keep the tabs secure. Idk. After I adjusted it the right way I've never had any problems after that