Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pcv routing for 98 LS1, no valve cover port on pass side

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 10:57 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default pcv routing for 98 LS1, no valve cover port on pass side

I found the PCV routing for a 98 LS1:

unfortunately, on my passenger side valve cover, there is no port at the rear for the pcv (for return air). wtf:

What is the best way for me to route the PCV hoses and ventilate the crankcase? Thanks for any help/advice
Old 09-09-2009, 05:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tb to the inlet near the oil fill neck

then a hose from the rear of the driver side cover around the back of the motor up the engine and into the intake manifold.

where did those valve covers come from??
Old 09-09-2009, 05:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those valve covers are off a truck. You can drill and tap it for a fitting, find another pass side valve cover, or do an ls6 valley cover/pcv swap.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:51 PM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Just modify the block to accept an LS6 PCV system, and run a breather on the driver's rear. Your engine will thank you and it cleans up the engine bay a little bit. The 98 PCV system is a piece of garbage.
Old 11-08-2020, 02:01 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Pcv

Originally Posted by demonpixel
I found the PCV routing for a 98 LS1:

unfortunately, on my passenger side valve cover, there is no port at the rear for the pcv (for return air). wtf:

What is the best way for me to route the PCV hoses and ventilate the crankcase? Thanks for any help/advice
Sorry for late response, but hopefully this helps someone. I just swapped my 806 heads for 243's and the pass side cover had no rear pcv elbow fitting. Easy fix! I just put some heat on the fitting on old cover and turned it out.. Made my mark in exact location on new cover, drilled hole just big enough to get the fitting to turn in. Had to make hole just big enough to where I tapped it in with mallet(as gently as possible). Now, I don't know if you have to but made sense to me, that baffle that runs along bottom of cover, I cut out slot to allow access to port to allow better venting. Hope this helps. LS1 pcv tubing hooks up everywhere as it did before.

Quick Reply: pcv routing for 98 LS1, no valve cover port on pass side