Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fast 92 install complete

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 08:19 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fast 92 install complete

so its early saturday morning and this weekend installing full boltons. car already had lid and catback (99z so ls1 to fast). so yesterday started with the fast 92/92. went pretty smooth overall even though i made the beginner mistake of breaking the opsu even though i tried not to. after i got it in and almost complete went to plug in the map sensor and well from there said a bunch of cuss words ripped it back out and off to autozone to fab up a damn bracket to hold that sucker down good. got it all back together and took her for a test drive. all i can say is holy **** my car runs so much better and takes off around 3k-3.5k. it never did that it was always pretty smooth and linear all the way to redline now it just feels wicked. agenda for today tsp 1 7/8 headers ory and my underdrive pulley. i want to thank everyone on these bored though as i have gotten alot of tips/tricks/knowledge from you guys.
Old 10-11-2009, 02:12 AM
On The Tree

saturday nigt....well today went to say the least worse than i expected. pulled off the stock manifolds and y which wasnt so bad. went to put in the tsp 1 7/8 headers........how the **** do you get the drivers side in? passenger side just slipped right in and was the side i started on so i thought it was gonna be easy and smooth. not so much i have the car over 2 feet in the air up front removed the oil filter and still no go. after looking it over it was hitting the firewall area and a few other spots. i decided to tap in on the firewall a bit to help it clear but no go. do i need to undo the motor mount and lift a bit to slide it in? this is such a pita and i need to get this finished asap as its also my only car lol. any advice would be appreciated.
Old 10-11-2009, 02:30 AM
Launching!

running any type of tune?
Old 10-11-2009, 12:07 PM
On The Tree

no tune as of yet i just took it for a quick test drive when i finished the intake. had a hell of a time with the drivers side header so ima try to finish up the exhaust today.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spook99maro
saturday nigt....well today went to say the least worse than i expected. pulled off the stock manifolds and y which wasnt so bad. went to put in the tsp 1 7/8 headers........how the **** do you get the drivers side in? passenger side just slipped right in and was the side i started on so i thought it was gonna be easy and smooth. not so much i have the car over 2 feet in the air up front removed the oil filter and still no go. after looking it over it was hitting the firewall area and a few other spots. i decided to tap in on the firewall a bit to help it clear but no go. do i need to undo the motor mount and lift a bit to slide it in? this is such a pita and i need to get this finished asap as its also my only car lol. any advice would be appreciated.
I just did mine a few months back, try jacking up the motor a little without messing with the motor mount..

keep messing with different angles to slip in, i believe my driver side went in from under the car going up.

i rem i took off my valve covers but i dont think that helped me out. taking off the spark plugs might help.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spook99maro
no tune as of yet i just took it for a quick test drive when i finished the intake. had a hell of a time with the drivers side header so ima try to finish up the exhaust today.
Opps look like you got it all on there..

What tb,maf,lid are you using on the 92 setup?
Old 10-11-2009, 12:18 PM
On The Tree

slp lid, stock maf, and the nw 92 tb
Old 10-11-2009, 03:29 PM
Launching!

let me know how it feels over stock when you are done. im doing the same intake soon. im just curious what kind of gains i will have without a tune.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:16 AM
On The Tree

well the intake is already on and it was a world of difference in the seat of the pants dyno. really woke up mine over that stock ls1 intake. so today went really well finally got the tsp 1 7/8s header in the driver side.....had to remove the starter so i could get the motor mount bolt out and lifted the engine as high as i could to get it up in there. even then i had to show it some gentle persuasion. such a pita. but anyways got that in and the y pipe fitted and needed to cut my I pipe a few inches. well i misjudge how far i needed to cut so now i gotta figure out how to fix it tommorow lol. anyways im almost there. probably do the under drive pulley tommorow also.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:25 AM
On The Tree

silverm6ta i have the completely stock tune on my car never been messed with. im not sure of the year of your car but my 99 had the ls1 intake and it was a big upgrade in my opinion. as far as upgrading from an ls6 intake im not sure never had a car with one or rode in one with it so i couldnt tell you the difference there. 1400 for an intake setup is really steep i believe but i bought it and the tsp 1 7/8" headers to prepare for when i build the 408 i would like to put in. with this the headers and full exhaust with the under drive pulley im hoping to see 350-360 to the wheels. im estimating around there as i have a curre 9+ rearend with 4.11 gears in it.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:26 AM
Launching!

Well I got the ls6 and was wondering if it will be worth it for me the fast 92/92. wondering if I should since I got the nitrous on a dry hit only will it be too much air going in and lean way out or am i still in the safe zone?
Old 10-12-2009, 05:45 AM
On The Tree

im not sure on that one buddy i havent ran nitrous at all and im really just starting to get my first ls1 modded lol. all i have ever built are n/a motors mainly gen1 smallblocks and nothing with fuel injection.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:13 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't wait to put my 92 on. Any pointers. I have an LS6 but hope I still see a difference.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:28 AM
TECH Addict

The 92 does not live up to its potential unless you have heads/cam. If you have a ls6 with stock heads just keep it and save your money for other modifications.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:41 PM
On The Tree

only tip i have for the fast intake is that the map sensor sits in really loose. i used the bolt close to it and made a bracket to hold it down and used a little hi temp rtv to make sure it was sealing so i wouldnt have any vaccum leaks. otherwise it was a quick and easy install.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:47 PM
12 Second Club

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by BlkBird2000
The 92 does not live up to its potential unless you have heads/cam. If you have a ls6 with stock heads just keep it and save your money for other modifications.
I agree 100% u will not see much of a gain over the ls6, just keep it. Us that $1200 or w/e it is and install a cam in ur car. That will be worth the $ over any intake
Old 10-13-2009, 11:17 PM
On The Tree

ok so i was driving th car today and when i go wot in 5th or 6th from a cruise speed it revs falls off then goes. so i pulled over and noticed im leeking some oil. i have 2 questions. 1 what should the opsu be torqued to cause im pretty sure thats whats leaking. 2. if the opsu is leaking do u think oil is getting on the clutch causing it to slip? i ask this because it is an almost brand new monster lvl3 clutch with 4k on it and i have only made maybe 10 passes on it and it has never slipped until after the oil leak.