Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Prick cop, gotta quieten my car down.....help

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 07:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Default glass pack material

wrape you're muffler w/ motorcycle glass pack material then tape it securely w/ muffler tape.

it will quite it down zero power loss.

make this Cop a friend if possiable. word will get around quick at a PD office.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:40 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ACDenali
Long story, but a new cop that just moved in across street is raising hell over my car. It's been 5-15 degrees the past few mornings and I let the car warm up a few mins before driving. Mod list is usual bolt on's, x2 cam, etc. Exhaust setup is Pacesetter Long tubes, cattless y pipe and a magnaflow exhaust system.

I guess I am going to have to try and make the car quieter. I am going to try a weld in bullet muffler after the y-pipe first and see how that goes.

Anyone know which bullet style muffler will offer the most sound restriction to help make my neighbors happy??
Maybe you already know the laws/codes in your city.....but why don't you first go see what the laws/codes are for your city. If there is no noise laws for the times that you run your car....go tell that cop to F%$^ OFF.

My city is very strict on noise, but not between the hours of 8am and 10pm. There is another code called, "Disturbing the Piece", but it has to be in a way where you are purposely trying to disturb people, and running a legal car does not count. I found this out when someone complained about my car...they lost, and the cops drove away after telling the neighbor, "sorry, there is nothing we can do".

Now I wasn't being a dick....the neighbor called the cops like every damn day at like 4pm-6pm when I just drove in from work. It wasnt like I was workintg on my car at 6am or 11pm at night. And early in the mornings when I did leave or got home real late, I'd literally roll it down the street at idle and coast it into the driveway. Just a cheesedick neighbor.

Old 01-05-2010, 07:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Long story, but a new cop that just moved in across street is raising hell over my car. It's been 5-15 degrees the past few mornings and I let the car warm up a few mins before driving. Mod list is usual bolt on's, x2 cam, etc. Exhaust setup is Pacesetter Long tubes, cattless y pipe and a magnaflow exhaust system.

I guess I am going to have to try and make the car quieter. I am going to try a weld in bullet muffler after the y-pipe first and see how that goes.

Anyone know which bullet style muffler will offer the most sound restriction to help make my neighbors happy??

F him. Tell him to buy some ear muffs.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:06 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

although i would want to tell him to go F... himself, I would just say yes officer, walk away, and never do it. When he asks you again say yes officer, walk away, and never do it. Eventually he will probably give up but if he doesnt than it means hes probably a ford or import guy and thats when you tell him, "listen man i been livin here for "X" many years, I pay my taxes, and all I know is that nobody is gonna move on my block and tell me how to live my life so you either you keep your windows closed or move out"

if u want, put some gutted cats on there so it looks like u have cats so that way he cant say **** about it. im tellin u, i wouldnt sacrifice my fun for other ******** ever. my dakota that i have has headers, full exhaust, heads and cam and sets off car alarms and gets dirty looks from these suburbian stiffs but hey i have my fun and so do they but everyone has their own hobby.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bo's 98 TA
Its like this if you have kids and there outside playing and someone hits them while driving like an idiot then its ok, When I became a cop I didn't sign on the dotted line to just work an 8 hr. shift, when your a cop you are pretty much always on duty, I know what I can and can't do. But you can think what you want. I wrote her for a more serious citation that exhaust.
i have a MUCH better understanding of law enforcement than you think and you can NOT write tickets while off duty. you can enforce the law but CANNOT write a ticket while off duty. this whole "your a cop all the time" is true, but that doesnt give you the power to write tickets, it gives you the right to stop crime and notify an ON DUTY police officer.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:45 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MUSTANGBRKR02
put cats on it then tell him to pound sand
+++++++ My Brother Semper FI Recon.

Or take the dude for a ride and maybe he will become a believer??????? Hay you never KNOW
Old 01-05-2010, 08:53 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by basballny2
i have a MUCH better understanding of law enforcement than you think and you can NOT write tickets while off duty. you can enforce the law but CANNOT write a ticket while off duty. this whole "your a cop all the time" is true, but that doesnt give you the power to write tickets, it gives you the right to stop crime and notify an ON DUTY police officer.
Not going to set here and argue I know what I did.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I shouldn't had put "*****" in the title of this thread, so I refrain for saying that.

I don't like being a menace, or a problem. I of course do not want to make enemies with a cop because then I will have a huge red target on me with all of his buddies. I don't feel the car is too loud, but the fact that my car points in his direction (he lives directly across the street) is why I am getting flack. If the car did not have a cam, I don't think there would be any issue at all. With the lope, it just makes the car have a totally different tone at idle, obviously.

Here in Kentucky, the law states any exhaust modification that makes a vehicle louder than OEM/Stock is against the law. I don't know the exact times that you can't be "loud" around here but what they have me by the ***** on, is the actual equipment is making the car louder than stock. While its RARELY heard of a police officer enforcing this law here, they do have case against me with the upper hand. I haven't been issued a ticket yet, just trying to keep my cool around here. See how it goes I guess.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:46 PM
Teching In

I don't feel the car is too loud, but the fact that my car points in his direction (he lives directly across the street) is why I am getting flack.
so instead pulling your car in at night when you come home back it in so the car is facing your house and see if he still complains but explain to him you tried this so he sees your trying to keep the peace and come to a sensable conclusion.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As mentioned your exhaust is illegal since it's not stock. Some people have said to put on the fake cats which might help for a quick visual but I'm about 99% sure it's still illegal even to put hi flow cats on since you technically moved the location of the stock cats. Regardless you're pretty much screwed. Even if you threw a stock muffler on there with a catted y-pipe that was quiet he could still give you a ticket for having LT's as it's not stock. I would try putting a bullet before each tip or some other "cheap" way to quiet it down. I had LT's, ORY, and magnaflow on my cam and bolt-ons T/A and while I didn't think it was excessive it's definitely louder than stock and not by just a little bit. The cam really made it louder.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:31 PM
I write checks with my mouth that my ass can't cash

cops can write tickets off duty...they mailed my friend a C and I because he was off duty and saw him speeding...lawyer said aint **** he can do about it either..
Old 01-06-2010, 12:57 PM
Teching In

you guys are VERY confused about this whole cops writting tickets while off duty
Old 01-06-2010, 01:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Back to the original question. A Hooker Aero Chamber is quieter than what your running now.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:25 PM
12 Second Club

just back your car in the driveway. tell him you dont have the money to throw around but your pointing the exhaust at your house so you don't rattle his windows. this should make it A LOT quieter for him. if he still has a problem **** him.

edit: i see basballny2 already suggested this. I have a stock exhaust and i back my car in late at night and turn the headlights off so i dont beam the neighbors bedroom window. because early in the morning without all the ambient noise like during the day, it does resonate off the windows pretty bad.

i wouldnt let some dick that just moved in make me change my car around idc if he was the ******* mayor.

btw i have a few state troopers on my block and i respect them but they would think twice about starting **** i think. unless they are bored losers, its not wise to bring your work home with you.

Last edited by disc0monkey; 01-06-2010 at 01:33 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:03 PM
TECH Regular

Damn man Ive been stationed in Ft Knox for about a year now and have runned a trex cam on true dual open cut outs, now its glasspacks dumped at the rear axle and never got any kind of ticket or anything.

Pointing the cars butt at your house would probably mitigate a lot of the problem honestly, magnas are pretty quiet.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by chevyman9306
Go ahead and get these and tell him there is nothing he can do cause it has a full exhaust system...lol

http://www.frozenboost.com/product_i...04a9f3530288b7
LOL good product!!pretty straight design
Old 01-12-2010, 07:35 PM
Staging Lane

Well, since I also live in Lexington and know several Metro cops.. First off, install the cats.. Then if problem persists, go downtown and speak to the shift
supervisor or write a letter to the Chief of police.. Lexington Metro Police are VERY professional and they must follow strict guidelines.. The last thing any LFUCG employees want is a complaint against them.. Thats one of the good things about having the city counsel and mayor in charge of police ethics.. Or best thing would be to let the officer know of your intentions and that you also know a few reporters for the Lexington Herald Leader... They love to report about police abuse problems and ethic complaints
Old 01-12-2010, 07:49 PM
Launching!

just put on some cats or just don't let it idle very long in the moring
Old 01-12-2010, 08:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

really? i have the exact same exhaust set up and it's not that loud. maybe tell him to wash the sand outta his vagina.

on the other hand though, you put ilegal mods on your car, you're gonna catch some **** eventually.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

what y pipe do you have

Quick Reply: Prick cop, gotta quieten my car down.....help