Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Magnaflow or Loudmouth 1 or 2

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 05:04 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 94Z28-MSTGKLR
So, is there a big sound difference between the LM1 and 2? I've looked everywhere and I just can't find a video of a stock car with a LM2.
Check this video out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kbi_CBXQjdQ
The car in it is close to stock, but it has gutted cats.

The first exhaust I installed was the SLP LM2. But I got tired of
the noise while commuting. Then I switched to magnaflow & I liked
it, but it was too quiet at idle & normal driving.
I now have GMMG & would never switch again.
Finding the perfect exhaust for your personal preferences
can be difficult. Good luck.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:49 AM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

that actualy sounds pretty good
Old 01-31-2010, 10:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OSU Football Fan
Check this video out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kbi_CBXQjdQ
The car in it is close to stock, but it has gutted cats.

The first exhaust I installed was the SLP LM2. But I got tired of
the noise while commuting. Then I switched to magnaflow & I liked
it, but it was too quiet at idle & normal driving.
I now have GMMG & would never switch again.
Finding the perfect exhaust for your personal preferences
can be difficult. Good luck.
I've watched that video at least a dozen times wonder how much quiter the cats would have made it. Aside from that, I like how it sounds. Thanks for the link.

I'm really unsure about the magnaflow now because it sounds so good in all the videos but everyone is saying its not really any louder than stock.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:42 PM
Banned

I've watched that video at least a dozen times wonder how much quiter the cats would have made it. Aside from that, I like how it sounds. Thanks for the link.

I'm really unsure about the magnaflow now because it sounds so good in all the videos but everyone is saying its not really any louder than stock.
I have a Magnamouth exhaust and it is the best of both systems! I like the look of the Slp dual/dual system but I hated the drone and rasp of the loudmouth 2 muffler. After adding a magnaflow bullet muffler it quieted it down and made it more pleasent to drive. I have cats so its not to loud!
Old 02-02-2010, 03:42 AM
Staging Lane

I'm in the same boat, I have LT's with TSP catted y on the stock exhaust and i'm lookin for a catback. Don't want anything too loud (lm1 is out from what I hear) so it's between lm2 and magnaflow i think. I'm lookin for a CLEAN sound.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:58 AM
Launching!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I've heard both LM1 and LM2 in person many times. They both had longtube headers and were RASPY as hell. I personally didn't like the sound. Also LM2 is just a quieter version of the LM1, same rasp though. The LM1 with longtubes is LOUD. Loud as in I had TSP true duals with dynamax bullets and still thought the LM1 was loud. The big difference was that my exahaust note was smooth and deep and the LM1 was raspy as hell. True duals are the best haha.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think I'm going to end up going with the LM2. I don't plan on doing headers any time soon and if so then I'll just do duals like I had on my LT1 car. I found a video of a T/A on youtube that had a LM2 and was stock aside from a lid and it sounded bad ***. The magnaflow sounds good from the videos I've watched but everyone has the same complaint about it just being too quiet. I'm going to order the kit later this week so I'll update this after the install with a video.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just an update. Guys I ended up getting the Loudmouth 2 with the dual/dual tips. I found a couple of good videos of it and I really like the way it sounded. I haven't got it on the car yet because it's outside burried in 9" of snow, lol. As soon as I get it on I'll get a good video of it and update this again to let everyone know my opinion of it.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just another update for anyone who is still interested. I finally got it on the car and all I can say is wow! I don't know what all the fuss is about. Its sounds great to me and I've had a gmmg. I had an 80 series flowmaster on it and to be honest, the LM2 isn't any louder than the flowmaster was. Just has a nicer tone to it. I'm happy with it and so long as you plan on staying with factory manifolds and catalytic converters I'd recomend it. When I do headers maybe I'll change my mind bit I'll worry about it then. Thanks for all the replies guys. I'll have to post up a video when I get a chance.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice man I am glad you finally found one and like it. Like I said before I love the way mine sounds. Glad you are happy.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just another update for anyone who is still interested. I finally got it on the car and all I can say is wow! I don't know what all the fuss is about. Its sounds great to me and I've had a gmmg. I had an 80 series flowmaster on it and to be honest, the LM2 isn't any louder than the flowmaster was. Just has a nicer tone to it. I'm happy with it and so long as you plan on staying with factory manifolds and catalytic converters I'd recomend it. When I do headers maybe I'll change my mind bit I'll worry about it then. Thanks for all the replies guys. I'll have to post up a video when I get a chance.
Good to hear! I'm in the same boat that you were, I want something louder than stock, but nothing too obnoxious. I was set on the LM2, and poeple kept telling me to go Magnaflow. Yeah, it sounds good at WOT, but this isn't a racecar, I'm hardly ever at WOT. I want a good rumble while cruising, something I can hear when driving aorund with the tops off. With the stock exhaust, I can barely hear the thing running.

So how do you like the LM2 on the highway? Did you notice the drone that people keep mentioning?

Thanks!
Old 01-26-2011, 10:33 PM
TECH Addict

Did it break in at all. I would think the lm2 would be louder than an 80 series flow.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:41 PM
12 Second Club

I like the sound of the magnaflows a buddy of mine has the setup on his but i do think the loudmouth 2 sounds better a bit more raspy and louder
Old 01-26-2011, 11:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow, this is an old thread I started. Don't know about the break in. I assume it would because it is a packed muffler/resonator. I got in a tight spot, bad, and ended up selling that cat about a month after I put on that loudmouth 2. I'm am actually looking into another catback for my newly acquired ride, and I'm just going to fork over the cash for a gmmg. So im eating my words...lol
Old 01-27-2011, 03:30 AM
Captain Double Post

If you staying with stock manifolds go with the lm1,I had it back when my car was stock and sounded great,then instead of changing the catback when you get longtubes etc,look into the powerflo conversion for the lm1,the powerflo gets over looked ,and imho its one of the best catbacks,zero rasp,the only bad thing about it is ,well the tips look a lil funny on maros with out a cme,they look good on tas ,and the magnaflow quad tip,that is a lot for a set of tips,slp has a bunch of new tips on there website,I love magnaflow ,but imho the powerflo is a lot better
Old 01-28-2011, 08:08 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
If you staying with stock manifolds go with the lm1,I had it back when my car was stock and sounded great,then instead of changing the catback when you get longtubes etc,look into the powerflo conversion for the lm1,the powerflo gets over looked ,and imho its one of the best catbacks,zero rasp,the only bad thing about it is ,well the tips look a lil funny on maros with out a cme,they look good on tas ,and the magnaflow quad tip,that is a lot for a set of tips,slp has a bunch of new tips on there website,I love magnaflow ,but imho the powerflo is a lot better
So to break it down

stock manis- lm1
lt headers/bolt ons- lm2
internals- powerflo w/ cut out
Old 01-30-2011, 02:13 PM
On The Tree

I recently when from a Magnaflow to the SLP Power Flo and I like it allot ! Magnaflow was way too quiet at idle for me , the power flow is allot louder at idle and is only slightly louder while driving & has more rumble to it .

Quick Reply: Magnaflow or Loudmouth 1 or 2