Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dyno bullet or sweet thunder?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 03:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default dyno bullet or sweet thunder?

ok i'm about ditch my TSP TD's for a TSP o/r y and TSP rumbler CB. i just want some opinions/insight on the bullet vs. sweet thunder.

sweet thunder in place of the bullet.
http://www.streetfire.net/video/tran...-ory_31669.htm

rumbler set up as is.
http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q...t=83035ef5.flv

Last edited by brian_rs/ss; 03-07-2010 at 04:01 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:02 PM
TECH Addict

to me the bullet sounds too raspy on a y set up. but the sweet thunder sounds perfect. i've heard mixed reviews on the sweet thunders tho.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Sounds raspy...but its all subjective..choose what u like
Old 03-07-2010, 04:54 PM
TECH Addict

In this basic group of chambered mufflers, the inner baffle tubes are the same diameter as the inlet and outlet. However, 3" inlets and outlets come with 2½" inner baffle tubes.
this is what has me worried. i don't want any restrictions.

also look at the baffles, kinda looks restrictive to me.

Old 03-07-2010, 05:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Either one sounded pretty raspy but it's all in what you want. If you want to get rid of that raspy or majority of it then you need to get the TSP Catted Y and try that and that may get all of it out. Or you can try and get the SLP power flo conversion kit or put a bullet on each side before the exhaust tip to get it out.
Old 03-07-2010, 05:37 PM
Launching!

Why are you ditching the duals? Ive been thinking about getting the TSP duals with Sweet Thunders or the rumbler with a Sweet Thunder. I used to have an Hpipe setup with Sweet Thunders and I love their sound also if your worried about the restriction then go with a 31/2 inch
Sweet Thunder or would that interfere with ground clearence.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:58 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by thewholefnshow1
Either one sounded pretty raspy but it's all in what you want. If you want to get rid of that raspy or majority of it then you need to get the TSP Catted Y and try that and that may get all of it out. Or you can try and get the SLP power flo conversion kit or put a bullet on each side before the exhaust tip to get it out.
i like rasp, i hate cats. it's just the bullet might be a tad too raspy.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:04 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by nukeemall454
Why are you ditching the duals? Ive been thinking about getting the TSP duals with Sweet Thunders or the rumbler with a Sweet Thunder. I used to have an Hpipe setup with Sweet Thunders and I love their sound also if your worried about the restriction then go with a 31/2 inch
Sweet Thunder or would that interfere with ground clearence.
i'm ditching the duals cuz i got a ticket for them. and i can't afford to get another ticket. also they are just a huge PITA. i've almost ripped them off due to ground clearance and my car isn't even lowered. it's just easier to go to a y-pipe. and ther is nothing wrong with a y set up. also when i lower the car i wont have to worry about my exhuast getting ripped off/banged up. also i live in county that is strict on emissions and i don't wanna give them a reason to look under the car.

so basically there are a million reasons to get rid of them, and one reason to keep them. it would be pretty stupid on my part to keep them.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:42 PM
Launching!

yea I hear ya I think I decided on the rumbler since I wanna do the cme with dual exhaust but I don't got money for that right now. Will TSP sell it with a sweet thunder or no?
Old 03-09-2010, 04:39 PM
TECH Addict

they don't have the option on the website, but TSP usually tries to cater to the customer as much as possible. but since the bullet is welded into the cat back then they would have to custom make you one with a sweet thunder.

also do they make a 3 1/2" sweet thunder? i haven't seen one advertised.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

I just took my true duals off too. Here is another option you may not have considered.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/multimedi...pics-vids.html
Old 03-09-2010, 08:21 PM
TECH Resident

I have duals with sweet thunder. They sound amazing. Cant help you with how much different a catback will be.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:41 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
I just took my true duals off too. Here is another option you may not have considered.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/multimedi...pics-vids.html
nice car, BUT i need tail pipes. hints the whole reason why i am going to a y set up. also i'de rather take a swift kick to the dick before putting flowmaster on my car.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would love to run TSP duals with sweet thunders. if i keep my current cam which is what i plan on, then ill probably ditch my ory and magnaflow for TSP duals with sweet thunders.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

my set up is True Duals with medium Powersticks (similar to the sweet thunders if not the same) dumped and i LOOOOOOVE it, sounds mean as hell and deep, not raspy.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:04 PM
TECH Addict

hmmm well seeing as how most ppl have sweet thunders with duals i think im gonna do this just to be semi unique. and make lots of vids as well.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by brian_rs/ss
hmmm well seeing as how most ppl have sweet thunders with duals i think im gonna do this just to be semi unique. and make lots of vids as well.
you wont be dissapointed thats for sure...
Old 03-09-2010, 11:11 PM
TECH Addict

we'll see when i get my tax return back. i still need an ls6 intake, and some sort of tb. and a few other bolt ons.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

nice car, BUT i need tail pipes. hints the whole reason why i am going to a y set up. also i'de rather take a swift kick to the dick before putting flowmaster on my car.
And why is that?? Dont let their catback's bad reputation fool you. The single and 2 chambers dont flow bad at all. The catbacks have a crossflow muffler, which has nothing to do with the 2 I just mentioned. Flowmaster single and 2 chambers is what made them the company they are today.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'm ditching the duals cuz i got a ticket for them. and i can't afford to get another ticket. also they are just a huge PITA. i've almost ripped them off due to ground clearance and my car isn't even lowered. it's just easier to go to a y-pipe. and ther is nothing wrong with a y set up. also when i lower the car i wont have to worry about my exhuast getting ripped off/banged up. also i live in county that is strict on emissions and i don't wanna give them a reason to look under the car.

so basically there are a million reasons to get rid of them, and one reason to keep them. it would be pretty stupid on my part to keep them.
any chance you wanna sell your set up? ive heard your videos. all i have to say is

it is exactly what im looking for

thanks

Quick Reply: dyno bullet or sweet thunder?