Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new tsp exhaust...no bueno.

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 09:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the world of rasp. Lol. My LM2 w/ LT's sound the same under medium acceleration. I'm swapping it out for a XR1 tomorrow morning. I try to keep it under 2K driving around, or full WOT. Lol. The midrange is just horrible...
Old 03-12-2010, 09:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brian_rs/ss
ok so where to start? i guess i will say that the TSP o/r y-pipe is top notch. great piece. but that's where the good news stops. the rumbler cat back is straight up garbage IMO. and so are the u-bolt clamps that TSP supplies with the kit. i ended up using the old sleeve type clamps off of my duals to put together the y-pipe. and in the places on the cat back where i had to use the u-bolt clamps i had to bend some of them to fit right over the pipes. annnnd thennn when putting the cb on i noticed that nothing fit right at all. AT ALL. thank god my step bro showed up so he could help me muscle the **** out of it to get the tail pipes to clear the bumper. and i still have no idea how i'm going to get tips on this bitch. but wait theres more...the sound...now let me just say that the TD's with bullets sounded like pure sex. but for whatever reason a dynomax bullet sounds like hammered dog **** on a y-pipe set up. not to mention it completely smoothed out my cam idle so the car sounds like stock motor. all be it i do have a small cam on 114 lsa but still...

cliff notes:

1. tsp o/r y is good.
2. u-bolt clamps are garbage.
3. rumbler cb didn't fit right.
4. the passanger side tail pipe sits too high, even after a lot of muscle.
5. the sound is horrible. too quiet at idle. too raspy at 50% throttle. too quiet at WOT. sounds ok when nuetral revved but thats it.
Im runnin TSP LTs, ORY, Rumbler CB. I agree with you on the u-bolt clamps and the fitment of the catback. I had to go to a muffler shop and get the catback put on and i had them weld everything together. Your car sounds different then what mine use to sound like. Here is a video of my car on the dyno at WOT. So you can compare the two

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh9-k...eature=related
Old 03-12-2010, 09:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

no thats pretty much what mine sounds like. what cam are you running?

i listened to your other video's and yours sounds about twice as loud as mine at idle.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no thats pretty much what mine sounds like. what cam are you running?

i listened to your other video's and yours sounds about twice as loud as mine at idle.
Torquer 3
Old 03-12-2010, 09:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

oh no wonder it's louder at idle haha. hmm, maybe i just need a bigger cam.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oh no wonder it's louder at idle haha. hmm, maybe i just need a bigger cam.
I sent you a pm.