Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

got my hooker headers in today.....did i get ripped?? pics*

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 10:31 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so the ws6store called me back today and the guy had sent the pics i got on here to their quality department and they said thats exactly how the hooker headers are supposed to look and there's absolutely nothing wrong with them.... so instead of sending them back i'm gonna go ahead and put them on this weekend
i also ordered some new gaskets from my local pontiac dealership and now the only other question i got is should i use the bolts that hooker sent me or should i stick with the factory bolts?
Old 04-07-2010, 07:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to hear they are good
Old 04-07-2010, 08:33 AM
TECH Resident

I used percys seal-for-good gaskets, clean up the factory bolt threads with a wire brush and so WD40 to wipe the dirt and **** off of them, clean off the WD40 and bolt them up. My super comps looked like that and I dont have any issues.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:41 AM
TECH Resident

They look fine to me, just like any other header's we've ever had through our shop
Old 04-07-2010, 09:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Factory bolts like to shear off when removed. Ive been lucky and reused all but one

From using hookers in the past, I can tell you their bolts and gaskets in the kits are terrible and I wouldnt even use them on a V6. I generally cut up the gaskets to put under emissions block off plates

The good news is, your stock MSL gaskets are reusable and high grade/locking bolts are readily available and arent very expensive
Old 04-07-2010, 07:41 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by kicksZ28
Glad to hear they are good
thanks man.... and thanks to all the helpful replies

btw i got my tsp ory in today and i gotta say it looks pretty impressive... the merge looks great... they sent two band clamps and two U clamps... wish they had sent more band clamps but oh well... cant wait to get them put on this weekend
Old 12-23-2013, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by brandon_01_ta
yeah maybe i shouldn't have been so suggestive in my first post that they look like ****... i really didnt know what they were supposed to look like they just looked a little different than what i expected and didnt look like great quality... after the mechanic told me they were ok then i felt a little eased but after all of you guys' opinions im gonna send them back for sure.... this sucks
Dude return them they are poor quality. Any mechanic is also gonna tey to rip you off because they charhe to instal l than if it leaks they give you bogus excuse and charge to remove and reinstall lol...the hole should be round and should be level and flat those look terrible.
Old 12-23-2013, 10:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 02Camz28LS1
Dude, return them, they are poor quality. Any mechanic is also gonna try to rip you off because they charge to install them. If it leaks they give you a bogus excuse and charge to remove and reinstall lol...the hole should be round and should be level and flat. Those look terrible.
I believe this header job happened in 2010. Anyways, those will seal just fine, tons of header companies use that technique now. My JBA Longtubes were just like that and they've been on for 30,000 miles.
Old 12-23-2013, 11:58 PM
On The Tree

^same, even my stock manifolds weren't perfectly rounded, and they sold on here for 50 bucks lol.
Old 12-24-2013, 10:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by 02Camz28LS1
Dude return them they are poor quality. Any mechanic is also gonna tey to rip you off because they charhe to instal l than if it leaks they give you bogus excuse and charge to remove and reinstall lol...the hole should be round and should be level and flat those look terrible.
You bumped a three year old thread to post this crap AND its your first post. You'll fit in here well

Quick Reply: got my hooker headers in today.....did i get ripped?? pics*