Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electric Cutout....

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 11:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a QTP cut out on my old car. A year or so after installing it it quit sealing properly, and sounded like I had a bad exhaust leak when "closed"
Old 04-08-2010, 03:16 AM
11 Second Club

I've had my DMH for a year and a half, and I use it literally every day at the very least. Still works perfectly.

When my shop put it on, they all agreed that they needed to start stocking DMH instead of QTP.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:23 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by brian_rs/ss
i think i might actually throw a cut out on mine. do the inspection guys ever say **** about cut outs? also what about leaking, i would think that the cut out would leak a substantial amount when closed.
Mine has zero leak when its closed. Sounds exactly like it did before I had one.

However, I'm the type of a-hole who comes into the emissions station with my cutout open. The whole place smelled like exhaust, and my car was camming loudly. The inspector guy looks at the OBD scanner, then gives his boss a WTF look that it's passing. The boss gives a WTF look back and gives the thumbs up. I spin tires outta there.

Definitely get an electric cutout, though. Not a manual. It's really nice if you get a headache, think cops might give you crap, or if you want to be able to hear someone talking to you, etc.