Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are LT's/ORY/catback really worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 09:05 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by donman
add a mail order tune and you will be happy... the tune may a good difference to me...after the LT, ORY and Magnaflow...

dOn
X2 on the tune! For the price of a mail order tune(which is very cheap hp) you'll Get the most out of the mods and know your engine is running tip-top and safe all day long
X2 also with the magnaflo's, i love em
Old 04-17-2010, 09:45 AM
TECH Resident

Yeah shop around for a used magnaflow catback, I wouldn't pay the new prices either, I think there is one in the classifieds right now too.
You might as well do new plugs/wires while your down in there, save some time and hassle down the road. Also go with an ls6 intake if you don't have one, that is the best bang for the buck mod. You could probably do everything for $1000 (including intake) and install yourself or with some buddies. I picked up over 50hp with the above mods and good tune.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:28 PM
FormerVendor

Boltons and a tune you will deffinetally make a big gain. You will feel it via sotp. Even on stock car a tune will do wonders. Get some boltons and a tune, you'll be happy you did.

Keep an eye out for sponsor sales.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The grin on your face on the first start up after installing new exhaust makes it all worth it.

Seriously though, there's some great advice in this thread. Take from it what you will, but whatever you decide, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

theres no downside to freeing up your exhaust. better sound. noticeable power gain. youll want to drive your car more often too.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:42 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
theres no downside to freeing up your exhaust. better sound. noticeable power gain. youll want to drive your car more often too.
for sure. keep in mind about the long term mods you are thinking about in the future too, do it in stages, but do it once and right the first time. make sure one the early mods will accomidate the later ones down the road
Old 04-18-2010, 09:52 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 1gt2nv
Is a frogs *** water tight? Hell ya, lt's and ory are worth it!!
lol funny **** lol
Old 04-18-2010, 08:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I priced some stainless headers around the internet...think I'll be going ceramic.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:41 AM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

lts are definatly worth it. i went all out with the stainless on my 98. but this time around went cheap on current car. i cant see spending so much on stainless unless its a show car
Old 04-21-2010, 11:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well guys, I bit the bullet. The WS6store gave me a real good price on some Jet hot stainless LT's, an ORY, and a Magnaflow catback. I'm pretty excited but I'm already spending more money than I wanted to and I'm thinking to myself, well crap I should just go ahead and get the LS6 intake and a dyno tune while I'm at it. Might do that too but not sure yet. I bet that would make a huge difference going from a basically stock car to a full bolt-on and tuned car. I just hope my stock clutch and rear end will hold up ok. At least for another year or so.
Thanks for everyone's thoughts, advice, and opinions.
Should have the stuff on sometime next wk.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 912 Likes on 652 Posts

If you are going to get a tune I would hold out and get a LS6 intake and do everything at once. That way you only have to pay for a tune once.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LSWONCOOP
Well guys, I bit the bullet. The WS6store gave me a real good price on some Jet hot stainless LT's, an ORY, and a Magnaflow catback. I'm pretty excited but I'm already spending more money than I wanted to and I'm thinking to myself, well crap I should just go ahead and get the LS6 intake and a dyno tune while I'm at it. Might do that too but not sure yet. I bet that would make a huge difference going from a basically stock car to a full bolt-on and tuned car. I just hope my stock clutch and rear end will hold up ok. At least for another year or so.
Thanks for everyone's thoughts, advice, and opinions.
Should have the stuff on sometime next wk.
I feels ya! I spent $2,600.00 to gain 51 HP. SS LT's, ORY, cat back, lid, UD pully Ram air, Ported TB, Tuner. Was it worth it? I am not sure? If I had it to do over again, I would buy a ProCharger and be done with it.