Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So Lost ! I dont know what to do !

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 12:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I did it!

I did that buddy and if it sets and just idles its works great! Its when i take it out a get all over it **** goes bad! Witch makes me thing there is a blown head gasket ! Air is getting in there when motor starts turning good ! and pushes all past the block into the motor compart meant!
Old 04-19-2010, 12:56 PM
TECH Resident

Default Fans yes

I have the slp switch and i put light on both sides High side turns red low side green!
Old 04-19-2010, 01:07 PM
TECH Resident

take out the stat from the car and start driving. that will eliminate the possibility of it not opening. if the car overheats with the stat out, you have a different problem.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:45 PM
TECH Resident

Default ok

headed out to do that now!
Old 04-19-2010, 07:09 PM
Teching In

Probably not what you want to hear , but I had a mustang several years ago that was doing the same thing. It would sit and idle and never overheat and if you drove it somewhat respectable it was ok. As soon as you beat on it a little it would push all the coolant out the radiator and overheat almost instantly. Chased my tail for weeks and finally pulled the heads and sure enough it was a bad head gasket. Just pushing compression into the water jacket.
Oil was always clean and so was the coolant.

Maybe have everything pressure tested and double and triple check everything first. Hopefully it turns out to be something else.

Good luck man
Old 04-19-2010, 07:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Use a block test kit... ~$40 from NAPA.

With this kit, you take a sample of the air space in the radiator with engine running (instructions tell you to remove a few inches of coolant from radiator), if the blue dye turns yellow then there are combustion gases present in radiator.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:22 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ws6duramax
Probably not what you want to hear , but I had a mustang several years ago that was doing the same thing. It would sit and idle and never overheat and if you drove it somewhat respectable it was ok. As soon as you beat on it a little it would push all the coolant out the radiator and overheat almost instantly. Chased my tail for weeks and finally pulled the heads and sure enough it was a bad head gasket. Just pushing compression into the water jacket.
Oil was always clean and so was the coolant.

Maybe have everything pressure tested and double and triple check everything first. Hopefully it turns out to be something else.

Good luck man
+1. Just went through something similar with my 95 V6 Firebird
Old 04-19-2010, 08:35 PM
TECH Resident

Default ok

headed to napa ! really wanna thank you guys each time i come in i get a little more hope and another option !
Hey off top of anyones head this is a 402 from tsp what is best head gasket to get and is it a 4.010 bore ? cant remember if so what size gasket !