Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hate my magnaflow cannons

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 10:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hate my magnaflow cannons

i have a red z28 and i have had my magnaflow cat back on the car for over a year now. i went cheap and got the cannon tips. i wish i had got the quad tips in the first place. i would like to just go with no tips all together is there any way i can get turn downs to come off the muffler? but then i would need flanges to hold up the muffler because the flanges are on the current cannon tips. also i was in an accident last june i thought everything was fine because i hit the front end but it seems like the back driver side of the back bumper was pushed in resulting in the droop in the picture below. im wondering if the side of the bumper was pulled back out if the droop would be pulled up? because the tips make it less noticeable and if i had no tips you would def notice it.. so are there any other tips i could hook up to my magnaflow muffler? sorry for such a long post.. thanks guys.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

bump.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:23 PM
Launching!

Awesome pic and quote! If you have a welder you can put any tips you want. I have rectangle tips on mine and it completely changed to sound.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:38 PM
TECH Addict

Im in the same boat, red Z with magnaflow cannons. They arent the best but dont bother me too bad right now, eventually I plan to save up the money for a CME to replace them. If you got the dough go that route if not, but whatever tips you want any exhaust shop should be able to make them work.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

are u talkin about the pic in my sig or the one i posted cause thats nothing haha.. and i am concerned about the small droop in my bumper in that pic above being noticeable . and how would the muffler stay up? i guess just weld new hangers too the new tips?
Old 05-17-2010, 09:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just replace the pipes coming off the muffler? You should be able to use any 2.5" tail pipes for the application and add your own tips.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

still wondering about the bumper though.. i think doing a CME would take care of that problem though, i would like no tips, corsa tips or cme , cant decide. lol
Old 05-17-2010, 10:30 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by z28camaross2
still wondering about the bumper though.. i think doing a CME would take care of that problem though, i would like no tips, corsa tips or cme , cant decide. lol
cme hands down!
Old 05-17-2010, 11:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by '00_Z
Just replace the pipes coming off the muffler? You should be able to use any 2.5" tail pipes for the application and add your own tips.
I agree with this post.

Find yourself a couple pieces of 2.5" exhaust tubing with 90* bends and add your own tips, or turndowns, if you like. Then you could (or have a Muffler Shop) weld up a couple hangers to the new tubing to attach to the rubber bushings of the current setup.

As for the bumper cover hanging low, I can see from the picture, it looks like you're missing the plastic rivet that holds the drivers corner of the cover to the bottom/rear of the wheel well.

I can't tell if you have any damage to the area where the rivet attaches. Maybe a couple more pics from different angles of the area would let us get a better idea of whats going on.

It maybe as simple as replacing the rivet.

Good luck, man.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks mumbles, that was alot of help im gonna check the rivets tomorrow sometime at work if i cant fix the droop then. cme may be my only choice since the droop will drive me crazy lol. i would love to have a shop make me some turn downs off of the magnaflow muffler and get the no tip look. if not the it will be eventually cme. i think the main prob is that the tips are so huge and i have adjusted them so many times but they are never even.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

on my car i put a single in/out magnaflow muffler and had a shop make a turndown for it. the hanger is attached to the turndown tip.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

how does that sound?
Old 05-19-2010, 04:19 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a hanger added to my hooker catback and removed the tail pipes. I liked that sound. Here's a few pics and a vid of what I'm talking about:

and a video in the dark:

Old 05-19-2010, 02:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

that exactly what i want to do but prob turn downs on the muffler, only thing holding me back is the droop in my bumper..

Quick Reply: hate my magnaflow cannons