Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 04-25-2016, 04:03 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Air Intake and Exhaust Guides
Print Wikipost

Poly Motor Mounts + Pacesetter Headers + TSP Y Install For Dummies *LOTSA PICS*

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 05:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This Sticky was invaluable for installing my Speed Engineering Long tubes and poly motor mounts.

I might have gotten lucky, but I didn't have any trouble with installing my passenger side MM bolt. I did leave the pedestal and mount loose/finger tight until everything was hard mounted. Couple light taps with rubber mallet was all i needed.

Thanks again!
Old 06-04-2017, 09:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another thank you as this sticky helped greatly with my motor mount and LT install this weekend. I ended up doing one side at a time for the motor mounts and had to loosen the pedestal bolts for the driver side. Then for the passenger side I used your scissor jack method and it worked perfectly.

Took about 12hrs in total but was way easier because of this thread. Thanks again!
Old 05-21-2021, 07:38 AM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ENASNI TILLER
A few guys removed the pedestal with the motor mount. Wouldn't that be easier then removing the AC and the Alternator? I'm working on installing my new headers and poly mounts this week.
With my exhaust already removed for LT install, I replaced the motor mounts in about 8 hours. One person, one jack, no pry bars. I did drop the starter, but did not have to touch the alternator or A/C compressor. I spent too much time battling a couple of bolts unnecessarily, so knowing what I know now I could probably knock off 2 hours of time.

I loosened all the pedestal bolts on both sides. I jacked up the motor ever so slightly. I unbolted one of the motor mounts and its pedestal, and removed the whole assembly. I did passenger side first, but I don't think the order matters. Swap in the poly, reassemble it and reinstall. I kept the pedestal bolts loose so I could repeat the process on the driver's side.

None of my issues were with bolt alignment. 18mm bolt installed on the workbench so that was a breeze. Pedestal bolts lined up easy. Motor mount bolts lined up with very minimal effort. My issues were a gummed up thread and a washer too big to pass the poly mount.

Thanks,
Scott

Last edited by thehemi; 05-23-2021 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Adding an update

Quick Reply: Poly Motor Mounts + Pacesetter Headers + TSP Y Install For Dummies *LOTSA PICS*