Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BBK LT+ORY+SLP LM1= Loud But Not Too Loud (I LOVE IT)

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 02:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BBK LT+ORY+SLP LM1= Loud But Not Too Loud (I LOVE IT)

I got through installing my BBK Long Tube Headers, ORY, NGK TR-55, and MSD plug wires this morning and WOW is it Loud. It's loud yes but not over bearing at all to me. It seems as if the drone I had with stock manifolds and LM1 has gone away (I liked it..). This exhaust can be loud when you want it and quiet when you want it. Yes I mean quiet as in stock manifold and LM1 quiet.

Right as soon as I got a chance to drive it I went into a quiet neighborhood creping and I saw kids playing in a pool and I got on it a little and scared them and they ran to the street.

Well all in all I really like the exhaust a lotI I have a high tolerance for loud though so for everyone who has a low tolerance for loud anything, I advise you not to get this exhaust haha.

I will have a idle and rev video and Pictures up probably sometime this week when I get a chance.
Old 05-30-2010, 03:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the ppl around you probably wont share your enthusiasm about the volume. this is why many ppl go to an e-cut out.

if i had to put money on it, i'de bet you a dollar you end up with a quieter set up later down the road. just my .02
Old 05-30-2010, 03:06 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by brian_rs/ss
the ppl around you probably wont share your enthusiasm about the volume. this is why many ppl go to an e-cut out.

if i had to put money on it, i'de bet you a dollar you end up with a quieter set up later down the road. just my .02
Actually my neighbors love the sound of it. I had one of them help me. Yeah my plans once I get Heads and a cam are to get a Borla XR-1 Muffler (if not power-flo and resonator delete with a cut-out in its place), cause I like the sound of that and its a more refined exhaust note compared to LM1 especially when the Heads and cam go in.
Old 05-30-2010, 03:17 PM
TECH Addict

yeah when H/C/I the LM1 will get too obnoxious...

and again i will pimp out the FM merge, because with H/C/I you will need more flow than what that 3" i-pipe will give you. so bump it up to like a 3.5" or 4" i-pipe with a cut out and a quieter muffler. it will be way more practical and make more power with the cut out open. but again just my .02
Old 05-30-2010, 04:10 PM
11 Second Club

yeah when H/C/I the LM1 will get too obnoxious...

and again i will pimp out the FM merge, because with H/C/I you will need more flow than what that 3" i-pipe will give you. so bump it up to like a 3.5" or 4" i-pipe with a cut out and a quieter muffler. it will be way more practical and make more power with the cut out open. but again just my .02
Yeah thanks man. The only thing I hate about my exhaust system is that my BBK Y pipe from the header flange to the beginning of the merge is 2.5 but it turns into a 3inch merge and the merge is pretty sweet. Its just like the flowmaster merge execpt for its smaller. But hopefully the 3inch cutout will help that when its open. You think I'll be ok?

EDIT: so what do you mean by changing the I pipe to a 3.5 or 4"?
Attached Thumbnails BBK LT+ORY+SLP LM1= Loud But Not Too Loud (I LOVE IT)-112.jpg  
Old 05-30-2010, 04:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Yeah we'll see how long this excitement last until you make a thread complaining about the rasp,drone,cops, and neighbors. I give it 3-4 months tops
Old 05-30-2010, 05:36 PM
TECH Addict

search flow master merge on here there are a bunch of threads, including one i made.

^thats my set up.
Old 05-30-2010, 05:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like my BBK lt, but I have Hooker exhaust. Its not that loud.
Old 05-30-2010, 07:37 PM
TECH Veteran

x2... I did.. Kind of..

I'm still looking to re-do my exhaust. Thinking of a hooker Aerochamber CB or spintech Mufflex CB now.
Originally Posted by mesterious
Actually my neighbors love the sound of it. I had one of them help me. Yeah my plans once I get Heads and a cam are to get a Borla XR-1 Muffler (if not power-flo and resonator delete with a cut-out in its place), cause I like the sound of that and its a more refined exhaust note compared to LM1 especially when the Heads and cam go in.
They may say that to your face, but the others may think it's really obnoxious. Also depending how you drive.. I don't drive like an *** in my neighborhood and I don't get any complaints, but the cold start with mine is loud.

You'll get tired of the rasp after a while.. I did. I had LT ORY and Borla ADJ CB with no plate and that was just annoying after a while. No tone to the exhaust, just plain loud and raspy. My landlord bitched about it whenever she saw me.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:33 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by bayer-z28
x2... I did.. Kind of..

I'm still looking to re-do my exhaust. Thinking of a hooker Aerochamber CB or spintech Mufflex CB now.

They may say that to your face, but the others may think it's really obnoxious. Also depending how you drive.. I don't drive like an *** in my neighborhood and I don't get any complaints, but the cold start with mine is loud.

You'll get tired of the rasp after a while.. I did. I had LT ORY and Borla ADJ CB with no plate and that was just annoying after a while. No tone to the exhaust, just plain loud and raspy. My landlord bitched about it whenever she saw me.
mufflex FTMFW. you couldn't pay me to take it off my car.
Old 05-31-2010, 03:33 AM
TECH Junkie

I had this exact same setup (BBK LT's, BBK ORY, and SLP LM1)... That **** was WAYYYYY too loud for me

And I like loud and head turning stuff... but that was just way over excessive... It was like that for about 3 days...

I ended up keeping the SLP resonator in the I-pipe and adding a magnaflow muffler out back. It sounds REALLY good now. Plus I'm a H/C car so it's not as quiet as most magnaflow mufflers. Honestly it's perfect how it is. The only thing I might do is add a couple low profile DMH cutouts and call it a day...
Old 05-31-2010, 10:46 AM
12 Second Club

Yeah I have no cats and a V force and its loud without headers... getting LT n e way tho
Old 05-31-2010, 07:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Done!! Thats awsome, man!!

How was the Poly Motor Mount Install?

Its cool that everyone offers their opinion on the new exhaust, but remember the only one that matters for your car is YOUR'S.

I'm glad you like it, man!

I can't wait to hear a clip or see a video of the new setup.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:08 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mumbles
Done!! Thats awsome, man!!

How was the Poly Motor Mount Install?

Its cool that everyone offers their opinion on the new exhaust, but remember the only one that matters for your car is YOUR'S.

I'm glad you like it, man!

I can't wait to hear a clip or see a video of the new setup.
Thanks!! I couldn't do my Poly Motor Mounts because my other car crapped out on me. So I will have to do them another time.. But yeah thanks again and as soon as soon as I make the video I will let you know.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Thanks!! I couldn't do my Poly Motor Mounts because my other car crapped out on me. So I will have to do them another time..
all I have to say is HAVE FUN WITH THAT
Old 06-02-2010, 01:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks!! I couldn't do my Poly Motor Mounts because my other car crapped out on me. So I will have to do them another time.. But yeah thanks again and as soon as soon as I make the video I will let you know.
So, no Polys, huh? Any issues with the Y-pipe banging on the floorpan when you hit the throttle?

If not, I'd say you're one of the lucky ones.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:22 AM
TECH Addict

i have pipe slap bad

i need poly's.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:18 AM
On The Tree

i have pipe slap bad

i need poly's.
Go pro and get solids.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:32 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Nice, i love mine as well but im catted. Im sure I could handle it w/ a ory w/ no problem.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:05 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mumbles
So, no Polys, huh? Any issues with the Y-pipe banging on the floorpan when you hit the throttle?

If not, I'd say you're one of the lucky ones.
Yeah actually theres no banging at all accept for a little tap here and there while im in park or neutral and thats it. I'll end up doing my poly's sometime whenever I get a long time off work.

Originally Posted by MonmouthCtyLS7
Nice, i love mine as well but im catted. Im sure I could handle it w/ a ory w/ no problem.
Sweet! Yeah its really not as bad as people say it is.. It just sounds like a high powered muscle car that it is.. Its no where near open headers or anything like that... Of course theres rasp but I like it and drone is only there for a very little time if any.. Just when you are coming off a stop and no cruising drone.. I love it, its great! Scares the hell out of people and makes them stare!

Quick Reply: BBK LT+ORY+SLP LM1= Loud But Not Too Loud (I LOVE IT)