Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coil pack relocation kit "do it your self"

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2004, 04:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool...I like how you color matched the brackets.
Old 01-16-2004, 04:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hugger SS
Here is a pic of the brackets I made...Look on Thunder's site to show how they are mounted..The long piece slides between the metal and plastic piece on the cowl ands is bolted down
Yeah, I checked Thunder's site but it's not very clear. In this pic you can see the bracket through the vents sticking up underneath the passenger side of the plastic cowl. Does the whole cowl have to come off to bolt it down or is there some trick to it?
Old 01-16-2004, 05:16 PM
Banned

I havent mounted them yet,but I would asume you have to take off the plastic part of the cowl...should only take a few minutes to do
Old 01-16-2004, 05:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

You guys want more pics? If it stops raining later this evening, I'll walk out to my shop and snap some. That's my car on the Thunder web site.

ps - it's a '98
Old 01-17-2004, 01:07 AM
TECH Regular

Has anybody here ever mounted to them on the wheel wells cause on the back of my LS1/LS6 book this guy has new valve covers and his coil packs are mounted on each side of the wheel well. How would I do that and would I need longer spark plug wires?
Old 01-18-2004, 07:55 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by frcefed98
Deez, if you meant that why didn't you write that in the first place, to me and the others you sounded pretty confident the relocation kit wouldn't work on a 98 "You can do this with all the years except 98.... they attach to the valve cover differently." Nothing at all about looking like ****, no harm, though I was just stating that they would work on a 98 cosmetics aside. Don't take the little smileys too serious

As for my heads I switched to 6.0L truck heads, with 99-02 valvecovers, the 98 covers won't look that bad if you painted them, if using a 98 head. My bad for not clearing that up.

Lawman, and Hotrod, I forgot to get that pic today I got busy with crap around the house. I'll get that pic tomorrow...will be installing my HKS BOV tomorrow too As for the brackets, the end brackets are aluminum, the type used for edging and siding. It can be found at Home depot or lowes. The cowl bracket looks to be a plated steel(zinc?) also can be found at lowes. The threaded rod, and hollow steel tubing and nylon locking nuts and acorn nuts can be found at a hobby shop or lowes, depot for a small amount. I bet you can make this whole kit for under $30 bucks, but the wires will cost a lil more
Whats up Kyle, don't sweat that guy up there he's touchy about the guy I keed I keed, I joke with you
J
That is cool there guy.... I wrote the shyt wrong alright.... I know what I ment Enough said
Old 01-19-2004, 05:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UGotBeaT
Has anybody here ever mounted to them on the wheel wells cause on the back of my LS1/LS6 book this guy has new valve covers and his coil packs are mounted on each side of the wheel well. How would I do that and would I need longer spark plug wires?
That's Chris Endres' (guy who wrote the book) car, which eventually became to the ARE drag car.

Quick Reply: Coil pack relocation kit "do it your self"