Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DMH cutout for borla?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 11:33 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

DMH has to be the best out there with the best customer service out there. I have had my DMH since 01 on my borla. It recently the motor crapped out a few months back. So I called them up, he said box it up adn send it him. I was like what is the cost going to be? He said dont worry about it he has never turned down anyone for warranty work that is honest with him. Way out of warranty adn still fixed it for me. I would reccommend DMH cut out for you.

As far as the wiring the cut sits on the passenger side of the car. There is a rubber body plug that is in teh spare tire well. Cut a tiny slit and feed the wire in there. Then I ran the cable along the passenger side of the car. Up threw the passenger kick panel, across the underneath of the glove box to the ashtray. Power is recieved off the cig light adn grounded the ground wire near the SIR coil.

Hope that helps ya out.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for all the info, I ordered one from DMH earlier today. I had heard some ppl post up recently that they had trouble getting a hold of him via emails, but seems like he can be reached by phone.
That is awesome that he is willing to warranty stuff outside of the period, that is not the first time I heard that he did that either.
I did not even think about the drain plug in the spare tire area, that will be perfect. But I had heard some ppl say their battery drained after a few days when they tapped into the cig power. I figure I can just tap into the same wire as my v1 since it is only like a foot away from where the cig lighter is.

Thanks for all the opinions and help guys.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:50 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks for all the info, I ordered one from DMH earlier today. I had heard some ppl post up recently that they had trouble getting a hold of him via emails, but seems like he can be reached by phone.
That is awesome that he is willing to warranty stuff outside of the period, that is not the first time I heard that he did that either.
I did not even think about the drain plug in the spare tire area, that will be perfect. But I had heard some ppl say their battery drained after a few days when they tapped into the cig power. I figure I can just tap into the same wire as my v1 since it is only like a foot away from where the cig lighter is.

Old 06-20-2010, 05:32 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hard Core Z28
When i read on other forums that DMH doesnt even respond to emails or answer the phone there warranty is useless. So having this fancy warranty isnt worth **** if the they dont respond to a warranty claim or take 2 months to fix something. Check out other forums, same thing over and over. And the cutout rattles. over by me everyone had the same issue with them as well.
you seem to be the ONLY one with issues... the couple of previous posts to this one tell the story. I don't need to read "OTHER" forums, because the one that really counts when it comes to my car "LS1TECH" seems to give me PLENTY of Positive DMH feedback minus your odd situation...
Old 07-16-2010, 06:52 PM
TECH Resident

It took awhile to get, but I finally received my DMH cutout today. I had talked with Dave several times on the phone and he seemed like a pleasant guy, always willing to answer my questions. He told me from the day I ordered that the borla plates were on backorder, so I wasn't in the dark the entire time.

For those who have been having trouble getting ahold of him, I called the number listed on the website and would be able to reach him most of the time. It sounds like he has some personal business that he has been trying to take care of, so he has been alittle slow at responding to emails.

Anyways it seems to be a quality piece and install was straight forward, thanks for the tips guys....its kind of amazing how much quieter the car sounds now with it closed since I had been running the open plate for so long!
Old 07-17-2010, 01:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well:

DMH is .375 in. diameter, 4 yr. warranty
QTP is .5 in. diameter, 90 day warranty

So you pay more for the former, perhaps it's worth it? One thing is for sure, DMH does not run a spell checker on their website -- typos like that could indicate missed quality...

How is DMH with their 4 yr. warranty response??

http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...cturers_id=244

Last edited by libertyforall1776; 07-17-2010 at 01:59 AM.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:03 AM
TECH Addict

How do you do THAT?! There does not seem to be any real adjustment for the driver side to come out further... Granted, it is only .375 in. needed...

Originally Posted by Engine_HP
it gose in the place of the plates, the tip gose back on but it gose furthur out the rear bumper by les than half a inch, so u have to adjust (pull out) the driver side tip out as much.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:07 AM
TECH Addict

I read on other forums that the sky is sometimes falling, but is it true?

Pick up the phone and call them. Email them -- see what they are like -- BEFORE YOU BUY!

That was easy.

As for a rattle, well that should be a warranty fix, if it is reality with their current revision of shipping product.

Originally Posted by Hard Core Z28
When i read on other forums that DMH doesnt even respond to emails or answer the phone there warranty is useless. So having this fancy warranty isnt worth **** if the they dont respond to a warranty claim or take 2 months to fix something. Check out other forums, same thing over and over. And the cutout rattles. over by me everyone had the same issue with them as well.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:42 PM
TECH Addict

Might want to read this install guide for tips on the power wiring, so you DON'T drain your battery:
http://quicktimeperformance.com/FAQ/...TEC66_OVAL.pdf

Originally Posted by peterlawl84

Old 07-17-2010, 02:00 PM
TECH Addict

How are Summit's house brand of electric valve? Looks like 90 day warranty like QTP's -- but at $129.95 -- best price yet.

Last edited by Patrick G; 07-29-2010 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Non-sponsor link removed
Old 07-17-2010, 02:08 PM
TECH Addict

Here's another brand -- Race Ready Performance, $199.99 - lifetime warranty

Last edited by Patrick G; 07-29-2010 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Non-sponsor link removed
Old 07-17-2010, 06:41 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by libertyforall1776
Might want to read this install guide for tips on the power wiring, so you DON'T drain your battery:
http://quicktimeperformance.com/FAQ/...TEC66_OVAL.pdf

Thanks for the link, but I already knew I was not going to tap a constant 12v source. I have my V1 hardwired, so I just tapped into the same line as that and hid my switch in the ash tray.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:26 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I closed my borla up for good with the solid plate and put the Dmh in the I pipe before the axle. Much better this way. Even louder when the cutout is open and the cam sounds much lopier coming from underneath the car rather than behind it. Also won't have to readjust the tip.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:36 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ran a DMH on my old Advanced Induction H/C 94 Z28. Quality piece and it functioned flawlessly every time I hit the switch. Sounded mean as hell too!

http://www.streetfire.net/video/adva...-cu_694817.htm
Old 08-05-2010, 08:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm unhappy with DMH. I heard they are awesome and such, hence that's where I had purchased mine from. Took 1 month to recieved them. After 1 week, 1 leaked. After 8 months, the other stopped working. I contacted, and was told to send back and it would be no problem. They were recieved over there on 6/1 (delivery confirmation), and here we are over 2 months later and 5 phone calls (all promising they will be sent out tomorrow), and still haven't recieved them back. Heard there was a death in the family a month ago, which i'm sorry for the loss, but I need my cutouts back <rant over>.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:23 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by onefastmx5
I'm unhappy with DMH. I heard they are awesome and such, hence that's where I had purchased mine from. Took 1 month to recieved them. After 1 week, 1 leaked. After 8 months, the other stopped working. I contacted, and was told to send back and it would be no problem. They were recieved over there on 6/1 (delivery confirmation), and here we are over 2 months later and 5 phone calls (all promising they will be sent out tomorrow), and still haven't recieved them back. Heard there was a death in the family a month ago, which i'm sorry for the loss, but I need my cutouts back <rant over>.
Dude, give the guy a break...his dad just passed. Yea turn around might be alittle slow, but he was a stand up guy when I talked with him.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by peterlawl84
Dude, give the guy a break...his dad just passed. Yea turn around might be alittle slow, but he was a stand up guy when I talked with him.
I have given him a break. I don't like being told "sending out tomorrow" 5 seperate times and nothings at my doorstep. Ive given my address 3 of those times. Why not be honest about it by getting my name and number and give me a call when its left the building with a tracking number? I'm not the most patient person, but i understand sh*t happens.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:35 AM
12 Second Club

I ordered the cutout last tuesday. I didnt receive it yet. I talked to him monday and he said that it was shipped out on monday... I tired calling him today to see if i could get the tracking number but no answer. I hope i get it before i go to the track next weekend. I understand he lost his father and that he should take it easy but business is business.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:06 PM
12 Second Club

just talked to dave a minute ago. Nice guy. I should have my part today !!
Old 08-11-2010, 09:53 PM
On The Tree

Just wanted to update: recieved my cutouts today. Not sure if my originals were lost, but these are brand new, very pleased... thanks Dave!

Quick Reply: DMH cutout for borla?