Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clutch Pedal Went to the Floor with No Return

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010 | 07:46 AM
On The Tree

My battery is completely dead now in my Caddy. I went out to go to the gym yesterday and I couldn't even get the electric locks to open up the car. So they will be buying me a new battery since they killed mine. So let's see what the total damages to my car is:

Body damage on rear drives side fender
Dead battery from incompetence
Oily handprint removal on interior
Fix the shifter **** since it moves side to side
Rental car for the entire duration of the above repairs

My buddy's wife is a service writer as well. If they give me any problems, I will have her call up and remind them what rights I have. If I have to, I will get a lawyer and make them pay everything. I will also report it to the Better Business Bureau.
Old 07-27-2010 | 05:56 PM
On The Tree

So they came and towed my car. They replaced the battery since they killed mine. They had a detailer detail my whole interior, not just the stains they left. Although they still didn't get rid of the ones on my A-pillar. I was going to say something, but I really want my car back. So I will deal with that.

I now have to go to the body shop tomorrow and get an estimate on the amount it is going to be for the body work. Then get the okay to get the work done.

So I went in for a clutch fluid flush and walked out with the following replacement parts:

slave cylinder (their dime)
battery (their dime)
new shifter assembly and **** (their dime)
full interior detail (their dime)
master cylinder (their dime)
flywheel and clutch assembly (my dime)

Its been almost 3 weeks and I will be without my car for more time when getting the body work done. Then I can really enjoy my car again. Wish me luck.
Old 08-20-2010 | 12:45 PM
On The Tree

I posted a full summary of what I went through to get my car repaired and what happened to my car at the dealership.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-...l#post13758295
Old 08-20-2010 | 12:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had this issue for a while and tried every solution discussed here. Nothing would fix the pedal from getting stuck. What actually fixed it was a new clutch. I got the LS7 clutch and all was fine.

Quick Reply: Clutch Pedal Went to the Floor with No Return