Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting Headers, What Else do I Need?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2004, 01:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Question Getting Headers, What Else do I Need?

I'm planning on buying a set of MAC headers from a board member that has an ORY. I plan on welding in cats for the california emmision *****. Here's what I got so far:

-GM Steel Gaskets (2)
-O2 Sensor Bungs (2)
-O2 Extensions (?)

I need to know what length O2 extensions to buy also, and how many of each. Thanks!
Old 01-16-2004, 03:34 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

do a search.....JK its probably been anwsered before but get either 18 or 24" extensions depending on whats available through the company you choose i thought the headers would already come with bungs?? you could also use a hole saw and take your stockers out and weld them onto the macs if you needed them...i reused my stock gaskets ummm youll need a large jack and truck stands or at a minimum ramps...possibly a sawsaw if you had your exhaust welded together previously...some wd40...some bandaids and i like the neosporine with pain reliever...thats really about all i needed

lata
Bill
Old 01-16-2004, 03:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Well, since the y-pipe is an ORY, it probably wont have the bungs that are needed behind the cats. And I need to know how many and what length extensions I need if anyone know exactly. Thanks
Old 01-16-2004, 10:38 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

u need only two extensions...the rear o2's i just disconnected...eventually you should get the code deleted using ls1 edit or something similar...if its an ory YOU WONT HAVE CATS!!! lol so um really the rear o2's would set a code one way or the other.

lata
Bill
Old 01-17-2004, 11:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by foff667
u need only two extensions...the rear o2's i just disconnected...eventually you should get the code deleted using ls1 edit or something similar...if its an ory YOU WONT HAVE CATS!!! lol so um really the rear o2's would set a code one way or the other.
"I plan on welding in cats for the california emmision *****."

Now how many extensions do I need, and how long... Thanks