Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

quiet dwn exhaust in the car

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 09:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question quiet dwn exhaust in the car

whats up guys alright my exhaust set up is LT's, ORY, with 3inch all the way back straight pipe an in the cab of the car that thing just hums really loud i was wondering if dyna matt will quiet it down and if so should i install it inside the car or outside right above the exhaust im also wondering what i can put on the exhaust to get rid of the rasp with out going to a muffler again
Old 07-25-2010, 10:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by batman_ls1
whats up guys alright my exhaust set up is LT's, ORY, with 3inch all the way back straight pipe an in the cab of the car that thing just hums really loud i was wondering if dyna matt will quiet it down and if so should i install it inside the car or outside right above the exhaust im also wondering what i can put on the exhaust to get rid of the rasp with out going to a muffler again
Whats your beef with mufflers?
You can try a flowmaster merge on your Y, that might help a little if anything.
I think you gotta deal with loud as **** and raspy if your going to run straight pipes...
Old 07-25-2010, 10:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you could put some hi flow cats in there. that'll get rid of the rasp.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:38 AM
On The Tree

no beef with mufflers i just gained 3tenths with the straight pipe but what about to quiet the noise down in the cab... dyna mat work or not really i never had a prob with the sound of the exhaust in the car till i put my new suspension on
Old 07-26-2010, 07:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dynamat will work, but it's basically the most overpriced, inefficient sound damper out there....check around on some of the car audio forums (CAF and ECA are two big ones) and research a little on damper. Brown Bread, MMat, Second Skin, lots of different brands out there a lot cheaper and more effective than Dynamat.

Most sound dampener is designed to be installed inside...if you put it on the exterior of the car above the exhaust, it might stay there for a couple minutes. Maybe.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Element
Dynamat will work, but it's basically the most overpriced, inefficient sound damper out there....check around on some of the car audio forums (CAF and ECA are two big ones) and research a little on damper. Brown Bread, MMat, Second Skin, lots of different brands out there a lot cheaper and more effective than Dynamat.

Most sound dampener is designed to be installed inside...if you put it on the exterior of the car above the exhaust, it might stay there for a couple minutes. Maybe.

ok cool thanks ill look into it