Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust Install - Realistic Gains?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 02:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lightbulb

I have the same problem with my Borla adjustable 3" cat-back on my RS -- I don't have that issue on the SS with SLP Dual-Dual which i noticed has a little crush over the axle area -- maybe that's needed in other aftermarket cat-backs too?

See attachment.

Originally Posted by ramairJP
I still need to get a panhard rod support relocation kit, though, because the over-the-axle pipe sometimes rubs there, and I can't get it to not do it after several adjustments.
Attached Thumbnails Exhaust Install - Realistic Gains?-slp-dual-dual-performance-exhaust.jpg  
Old 01-31-2011, 11:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by libertyforall1776
Two questions: I am also considering stepped and am curious why you chose stepped? 2nd, why did you choose ARH's Y-pipe over Kooks?

TIA!
Stepped because it opens the header tubes up more = flows better = more horsepower. I went with the ARH y-pipe INITALLY because it was cheaper and quality/fitment was the same, HOWEVER, come to find out that ARH and KOOKS changed the design of their pipes slightly enough to the point that they are NOT interchangeable so I had to send the ARH Y-pipe back and I got a Kooks ORY (CAT-less) to mate up properly between the KOOKS headers and the Corsa Catback. You can no longer mate Kooks header to ARH Y-pipe and vice versa, without modification.