Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True Duals Over The Axle All the way to the back.

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 11:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by garygnu
there is a 35 page plus sticky on exhaust systems.a 2.5 exhaust system will handle 500 + hp.put the mufflers on after the axle.practice welding on some scrape metal.a exhaust system is a good project to do your self.
Dont got the room or tools to practice welding man =/
Old 11-03-2010, 03:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Speed Inc does true duals that are very nice and there was a company out in Texas called Lanes the did true duals on F bodies back a few years ago..very nice work too..dont know if they are still around or not. If you check around you will find a compitent shop that can do it...there are 2 or 3 in the ATL area that will do that kind of custom work..just check around and you will find one...post up the question on here I bet you will get a ton of recomendations.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:01 PM
Launching!

just out of curiosity will a dumped 3" true duel setup make more power and run better or will a 3" y-pipe with two 3" cutouts welded on the y-pipe make more power? i have a pacesetter y-pipe with two 3" cutouts welded on and i can't decided if i want to use it or just go TDs... my brother was thinking the y-pipe with cutouts on it might be too short and it cause power loss
Old 11-04-2010, 08:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slt200mph
Speed Inc does true duals that are very nice and there was a company out in Texas called Lanes the did true duals on F bodies back a few years ago..very nice work too..dont know if they are still around or not. If you check around you will find a compitent shop that can do it...there are 2 or 3 in the ATL area that will do that kind of custom work..just check around and you will find one...post up the question on here I bet you will get a ton of recomendations.
Lane stopped making systems years ago, I think.

Originally Posted by OMGls1jz
just out of curiosity will a dumped 3" true duel setup make more power and run better or will a 3" y-pipe with two 3" cutouts welded on the y-pipe make more power? i have a pacesetter y-pipe with two 3" cutouts welded on and i can't decided if i want to use it or just go TDs... my brother was thinking the y-pipe with cutouts on it might be too short and it cause power loss
There's no way an exhaust system that's "too short" can cause power loss. Dual cutouts will probably give a little, little bit more power since it's a shorter system, but I don't think it'd be a big difference.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:45 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

FWIW take a look at vette exhausts.... we all run 2.5" catbacks (true duals) and people running in the 700-800 hp range aren't even seeing gains switching to 3" systems. 2.5" duals will FLOW, and be easier to route over the axel IMO. my 2 cents....

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 11-05-2010, 09:59 PM
Launching!

That's an interesting point you bring up Super, do you think that part of the difference might be due to the differences in exhaust pipe length/routing? Pardon my ignorance, I am not familiar with the Corvette exhaust system, does it get routed over the axle similar to the F-body exhaust?

I was dead set before on full 3" TD piping, but if dual 2.5" will work, it seems like doing the 3" is just a waste of time, space, and money.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Element
There's no way an exhaust system that's "too short" can cause power loss. Dual cutouts will probably give a little, little bit more power since it's a shorter system, but I don't think it'd be a big difference.
okay thanks for the input, anyone else with some input?
Old 11-06-2010, 08:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OMGls1jz
okay thanks for the input, anyone else with some input?
I had pacesetters into an x pipe with spiral flows dumped, and then added pipe under the axle out the back and dyno'd within 2hp of the dumped setup. Quieter and better looking as well.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:35 AM
9 Second Club

Here is my old setup. Take your time.

OR dump it

Quick Reply: True Duals Over The Axle All the way to the back.