Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JET-HOT not honoring warranty JET HOT

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 02:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ive never believed in coated mild steel headers. esp. when the coating itself cost more than the actual headers.
a few 10$ cans hi temp exhaust spray paint ftw!
Old 01-16-2011, 02:31 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the exact reason why I always recommend Stainless Steel headers. I purchased my old SLP Tuned Length headers back in Feb '05....Six years later and about 60,000 miles, only minor surface rust.
Old 01-16-2011, 02:36 PM
Launching!

Jet Hot = Flakes

After speaking with them on the phone 3 times

I decided that they lol Are pure Idiots !

And thus I took this as a cue to Never Do Business with them, Never !
Old 01-16-2011, 02:44 PM
Teching In

My Jet Hot coated headers began rusting within 1 year as well. Non winter driven. Stainless is the only option for me anymore.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:40 PM
12 Second Club

This is sad to hear about Jet Hot handling this situation like this. At first trying to explain what their situation is, but now that last couple posts were just in complete disregard of any care of the customer. If this is the way the company is then Im glad this post came up and I would also like for it to be a sticky for more people to see. Thats the exact reason this board is around, to share info, learn and know what brands or people to avoid.

Personally, Im even more pissed off because of the fact that I just bought a set of used JetHot headers from a friend, I noticed some small issues but thought JetHot's coatings were the best out there and it wouldnt have any issues. Now Im pretty sure Im going to have some rusted POS headers here soon which means I just wasted a couple hundred dollars.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Too many other good header choices out there to accept anything less than complete satisfaction.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I took them a set of Hedman 1 7/8 to the old Pascagoula Ms location. My car was normally aspirated I asked them to recommend a coating. I did exactly what they recommended, had them done inside and out, they were smooth silver in color. Two weeks after the car was running the headers were flaking in the outside bends of the tubes. Took them off and back to them, the supervisor there said I overheated the header...WHAT?

SO I upgraded to the baddest **** they had, rough in texture and dark gray in color...Jet Hot 2000 I think it was to the tune of ANOTHER $200

1 year later the headers were rusting from UNDER the coating. I call them, the Pascagoula location is now closed and the company has changed hands....So to get them warrantied I had to PAY to ship them somewhere in the midwest(forget where)...really????????

I will NEVER, EVER use Jet Hot again.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:01 PM
Restricted User

Damn it i should have got stainless headers!

Quick Reply: JET-HOT not honoring warranty JET HOT