Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kooks released new exhaust for f-body

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 12:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PEOPLE RESEARCH THE EXHAUST SYSTEM BEFORE YOU START BAGGIN PEOPLES PRICES, pickup the phone and call people thats what I did I called every one that had the new Kooks system advertised for sale and believe me the retail price you see is not what your gonna pay! once again I just bought mine and it will be here tomorrow Monday Nov 29 via UPS $1940 shipped for the whole setup one thousand nine hundred fourty dollars yes that it not 4 grand or 3 grand or 2700 do your research before you get on here and whine like school boys or go get yourself a block of CHEESE to go with it....
Old 11-28-2010, 01:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Pony just to clarify, you got headers and the TD's for that price correct? Thats not including the driveshaft safety loop and panhard relocation Im assuming.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:44 PM
11 Second Club

Yes Mac62989 but I already had the other stuff listed but I don't have a BMR loop I have a spohn adj torque arm chassis mount which it will work with
Old 11-28-2010, 02:45 PM
11 Second Club

I got the headers and exhaust for the said price of 1940 shipped
Old 11-28-2010, 06:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Man this exhaust just sounds so damn good!!!!!!
Old 11-28-2010, 06:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ponyeater01LS1
PEOPLE RESEARCH THE EXHAUST SYSTEM BEFORE YOU START BAGGIN PEOPLES PRICES, pickup the phone and call people ....
WHAT?!?!? Are you implying there are more effective ways to communicate then to assume the list price is final and if no one responds to an email or PM, there is no hope? Oh the humanity!!!!!!

Hey, nice work on communicating "old school", lol! Would love to see and hear it once you get it installed
Old 11-28-2010, 06:41 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LPE 403
WHAT?!?!? Are you implying there are more effective ways to communicate then to assume the list price is final and if no one responds to an email or PM, there is no hope? Oh the humanity!!!!!!

Hey, nice work on communicating "old school", lol! Would love to see and hear it once you get it installed
thats the way it sounds all this whole thread is is a bunch a bitchin and whining about the price but hey I got mine and by this time tomorrow it will be on
Old 11-28-2010, 07:04 PM
TECH Veteran

^ Wow.. I read most of this but not all of it.. Starts to hurt the eyes after a while.. But $1940 for LT's and exhaust is exceptional! I WILL do this now!!! (Well, not NOW.. But I will do this.) Ground clearance is the only concern now. The Strano springs I plan on replacing mine with should be a hair higher than the Eibach ****-kit I have in there now.

I am beyond tired of my current exhaust and I need something new.

Last edited by bayer-z28; 11-28-2010 at 07:20 PM.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:10 PM
TECH Addict

thats the way it sounds all this whole thread is is a bunch a bitchin and whining about the price but hey I got mine and by this time tomorrow it will be on
perception is reality my friend! congrats again!!
Old 11-28-2010, 07:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Well, we ought to get the price straight now.. I just read $4400 in a post and thought it was too much.. That's beyond Vette exhaust prices.. I'm not bitchin about a $2000 price for this..

If I end up paying $2200 shipped for this exhaust, it is STILL worth it. Figure a FULL Corsa exhaust with JUST a catback would be around $2000. Now add in a badass product from Kooks, WITH the 3" system in TRUE DUALS, THAT is a good buy!!! I'm sold.. Just concerned about ground clearance now. And I gotta save up the money. Car is gonna get re-done in 2011.

I'll sell my damn wheels to help pay for it!!

Last edited by bayer-z28; 11-29-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:40 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by bayer-z28
^ Wow.. I read most of this but not all of it.. Starts to hurt the eyes after a while.. But $1940 for LT's and exhaust is exceptional! I WILL do this now!!! (Well, not NOW.. But I will do this.) Ground clearance is the only concern now. The Strano springs I plan on replacing mine with should be a hair higher than the Eibach ****-kit I have in there now.

I am beyond tired of my current exhaust and I need something new.
im at stock height and from the vid Kooks posted and talkin to them clearance will not be an issue but then again i dont daily drive my car nor do I go driving around the mall lookin for high school girls and dodging speed bumps. My car got 1200 miles on it last year
Old 11-29-2010, 12:48 AM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am really liking this setup. If someone who has it could chime in and compare the ground clearance to there old ypipe setup(brand name). love the way my car sounds with my qtp lt's, ory, and SLP Powerflo catback but the ypipe from QTP hangs to low and I bang it off alot of things. My car has the 1.25 bmr drop spings but it hit at stock height alot as well. Even the headers where the ypipe connects have a few minor scrapes. I actually had to spot weld the ypipe to assist the clamps. Now that I added a MS3 113lsa cam the car got louder and sounded great but had some extra fumes so I got some tiny bullet cats off a vette setup but worried they'll get mashed soon. So I am currently thinking of getting a custom fabbed ypipe that tucks closer to the body to help but after seeing this system I am extremly interested. I already have over $10k in my car so what is a few more for a better fitting exhaust, I never plan on selling it. Also anyone with a cam pm or post a vid clip please. Sound seems decent to me but my main concern is the clearance and how it runs underneath. I would honestly have been happy with a 3" cat and dual 2 1/2" piping for better clearance but this kit looks great and I love thos tips.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:22 AM
Banned

Again..for the thousanth time..call us for prices..you will not pay some crazy sum for this. We are trying to get a few systems out tehre so people do realize that this is possibly the best exhaust you can buy for your car. As for a convertible..no one is gonna know untill someone tests it on a car. I know Kooks has not.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:59 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

didnt have trues i had the SLP LM setup
my mistake, i could've sworn your sig said true duals. anyway yes a true dual set-up will give you more power, but i know for damn sure you could get on just as good (sounds better going under the axle BTW) for a lot less in price. my 3" true duals cost me less than $350 all together and that includes the sweet thunder resonators.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:49 AM
11 Second Club

im gonna post a vid as soon as I get it on if its not to late if not Ill have it posted tomorrow with pics of the clearance for all to see. its almost noon here on the east coast UPS still not here so Im still waitin for the exhaust to get here......
Old 11-29-2010, 11:05 AM
TECH Veteran

im at stock height and from the vid Kooks posted and talkin to them clearance will not be an issue but then again i dont daily drive my car nor do I go driving around the mall lookin for high school girls and dodging speed bumps. My car got 1200 miles on it last year
I don't either, and I'm sure you are not the only one.. Its driven about once a week to the shows or meets on the weekends.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:07 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by King Nothing
anyway yes a true dual set-up will give you more power, but i know for damn sure you could get on just as good (sounds better going under the axle BTW) for a lot less in price. my 3" true duals cost me less than $350 all together and that includes the sweet thunder resonators.
Why are you still selling an "apples to oranges" comparison? Most people that buy this system are looking for an engineered, quality part from a reputable source. You keep using price and sound in your angle to "educate" the masses. Though sound is a critical element is exhaust choices, step back quit preaching "look what I did" and look at the bigger picture.....

1. Sound is subjective. What sounds like *** to some, is music to others (i.e. LM vs Corsa, ORY vs Cats, etc)

2. Under the axle is a half *** solution to save a few bucks.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:56 PM
12 Second Club

2. Under the axle is a half *** solution to save a few bucks.[/QUOTE]

+1 do people actually do this
Old 11-29-2010, 01:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes Mac62989 but I already had the other stuff listed but I don't have a BMR loop I have a spohn adj torque arm chassis mount which it will work with
This is exactly what I wanted know. I also have a Spohn Chassis Mount T/A and was wondering if this exhaust would be compatible with it. (Although mine has the optional Driveshaft Loop.)

Thank you for posting up.

I'd love to see some video of the underbody of your car once you have the new pipes installed. I'm very curious what kind of clearance you have regarding the T/A, Exhaust, and Floorpan.

Keep us updated.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

PEOPLE RESEARCH THE EXHAUST SYSTEM BEFORE YOU START BAGGIN PEOPLES PRICES, pickup the phone and call people thats what I did I called every one that had the new Kooks system advertised for sale and believe me the retail price you see is not what your gonna pay! once again I just bought mine and it will be here tomorrow Monday Nov 29 via UPS $1940 shipped for the whole setup one thousand nine hundred fourty dollars yes that it not 4 grand or 3 grand or 2700 do your research before you get on here and whine like school boys or go get yourself a block of CHEESE to go with it....
So that was the kooks headers and the exhaust, good price. Where did you order from?

Last edited by RyanJM; 11-29-2010 at 03:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Kooks released new exhaust for f-body