Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kooks released new exhaust for f-body

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2014 | 02:14 PM
Banned

Thanks for the great feedback guys! We still have some awesome deals!
Old 02-26-2014 | 07:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How loud is it inside the cabin? My dumped true duals were too much to handle, but hopefully going out the back makes it more liveable inside. I'd really like to buy this, but I'm afraid that since my Camaro is now a daily driver it would disturb the neighbors an awful lot going to work every morning.
Old 02-27-2014 | 03:21 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by X-ray
How loud is it inside the cabin? My dumped true duals were too much to handle, but hopefully going out the back makes it more liveable inside. I'd really like to buy this, but I'm afraid that since my Camaro is now a daily driver it would disturb the neighbors an awful lot going to work every morning.
I haven't had many systems to compare with but I have had complaints from neighbors since I got the new system... Shortly after they usually tell me it sounds really good even though I woke them from their nap. If you keep the rpms down I don't think you'll have any problems but I tend to go WOT out of the drive way... :p . I get some drone at certain rpms and it's a little hard to hold a conversation inside the car. I love it but it's not my dd.
Old 03-01-2014 | 11:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the info. Probably gonna hold off for awhile now.
Old 03-01-2014 | 01:11 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah it's not quiet....not as bad as my GMMG was though because with TD's there is no rasp. I'm also on a cam with a 111 lsa so that doesn't help.
Old 03-12-2014 | 12:42 PM
11 Second Club

Anyone know if there will be a clearance Issue with the exhaust and a 3.5" driveshaft?

I am about to order my S60 and I'm going to run a pst shaft but don't want any issues with rubbing on it.
Old 03-12-2014 | 02:09 PM
TECH Addict

I'm running the same DS with a MWC rear with no issues.
Old 03-12-2014 | 08:22 PM
TECH Resident

here is mine, ditched the bullets and got some flowmaster hush power pro 12" into my center mount. they used 3" stainless and squashed it to fit the OEM centermount tips but cutting the tips back until the opening was 3"
i have the the driveshaft loop but i lost the bolts and have NO IDEA what size they are... open to help there? here are some pics

did any one else have problems with clearance on the heat sheild when the fuel and brake lines cross over the exhaust? mine ended up touching so i added some extra stick on heat shield material between the factory metal shielding and the lines. I also have a custom fabbed 1/2 ss feed line that wouldnt fit under the factory sheilding with the rest of everything so i had to wrap is with DEI fire sleeve. It says insulates for a constant 500* and can take short blasts up to 2000*. Does and one else have experience with this stuff?
Old 03-13-2014 | 05:38 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BrntWS6
I'm running the same DS with a MWC rear with no issues.
Cool, Thank you for the reply!
Old 03-19-2014 | 03:37 AM
Banned

Give us a call for some great spring time deals on these
Old 03-23-2014 | 07:24 AM
TECH Junkie
20 Year Member

Anyone have any measurements or pics of the driverside pipe ground clearance yet?
Old 03-25-2014 | 09:40 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

I don't care what anyone says it is LOUD. And I like it loud from boats to cars so that's saying something. Attracts all the wrong attention but I only do about 1K miles a year so it's all smiles.

I have Kooks LTs with ORX duals. Had ORY with Hooker CB prior. Clearance lowered at 1.75"+ is minimal. When it was 2"+ lower the subframe v braces would scrape on excessive road crown to put in perspective.

No issues with old setup around 1.75" lower than stock ride height. Just have to be careful, big speed bumps and raised manhole covers are a no go. With the Kooks duals it is an easy 1/2"+ lower than before. Definite loss of clearance.

Maryland Speed was superb to deal with and no regrets IT IS EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED.

Hope that makes sense. If I get ambitious maybe I'll try to post a pic of it off the garage floor for reference.
Old 03-27-2014 | 10:13 AM
TECH Junkie
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by BAD *** TA WS6
I don't care what anyone says it is LOUD. And I like it loud from boats to cars so that's saying something. Attracts all the wrong attention but I only do about 1K miles a year so it's all smiles.

I have Kooks LTs with ORX duals. Had ORY with Hooker CB prior. Clearance lowered at 1.75"+ is minimal. When it was 2"+ lower the subframe v braces would scrape on excessive road crown to put in perspective.

No issues with old setup around 1.75" lower than stock ride height. Just have to be careful, big speed bumps and raised manhole covers are a no go. With the Kooks duals it is an easy 1/2"+ lower than before. Definite loss of clearance.

Maryland Speed was superb to deal with and no regrets IT IS EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED.

Hope that makes sense. If I get ambitious maybe I'll try to post a pic of it off the garage floor for reference.
I have less than 3" of ground clearance with my current setup. To take away another .5" wouldn't be too good for me.
Old 03-31-2014 | 06:50 AM
Banned

If anyone is looking for a great deal, today is the day to call! Basically we are very close to setting an all time sales record for a month, and are doing everything we can to get there. Call us @ 443-730-9428 and we will hook you up!
Old 04-07-2014 | 01:03 PM
TECH Addict

Has anyone welded in an extra set of bullets on the i-pipe somewhere? I thought I saw someone do it where the pipe angles up just before it goes over the axle. I have cats as well but really wouldn't mind it toned down a little. If it would make a noticeable difference I would consider having a shop do this for me.

I think that would be a good option for this system while ordering
Old 04-07-2014 | 10:06 PM
12 Second Club

For the record I daily drive my car, only ever had a cop mention it once. Thats with a 3600 stall converter. Sure its loud, but when cruising its not necessarily louder than other vehicles. When you hit the gas its a different story.
Old 04-08-2014 | 10:37 AM
TECH Senior Member
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by spy2520
For the record I daily drive my car, only ever had a cop mention it once. Thats with a 3600 stall converter. Sure its loud, but when cruising its not necessarily louder than other vehicles. When you hit the gas its a different story.
This! It is Loud @ WOT but no rasp definitely makes all the difference. the LS1 sound like a whole different engine with this exhaust imo. Ground clearance is around 4" on mine but my car is still on 4x4 mode. I am afraid to lower it and lose clearence.
Old 04-08-2014 | 10:51 AM
TECH Addict

Sound doesn't really bother me since it's not a DD, but the wife complains every time we go somewhere. I got to disagree, it's loud even when crusing but I got a cam on a 111lsa so that might make the difference.

I got under the car yesterday and looks like the only good place is just before it angles up over the axle, right where the two clamps are. Only problem is that is where the exhaust is at it's lowest.
Old 04-08-2014 | 10:56 AM
TECH Junkie
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
This! It is Loud @ WOT but no rasp definitely makes all the difference. the LS1 sound like a whole different engine with this exhaust imo. Ground clearance is around 4" on mine but my car is still on 4x4 mode. I am afraid to lower it and lose clearence.
Thanks for getting a measurement! My car is lowered, so I'd be about the same height I currently am.
Old 04-08-2014 | 02:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by spy2520
I think having a manual makes managing exhaust noise much easier. If I see a cop or am in town I'll just shift into a high gear. At low rpms it's just a really deep rumble. WOT is another story entirely...I've had people tell me they heard me coming minutes before I even got there when I'm hitting it hard. Over the weekend I had a guy driving a mustang tell me it's the best sounding exhaust he's ever heard...I wouldn't trade this exhaust for anything.

Quick Reply: Kooks released new exhaust for f-body