Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kooks released new exhaust for f-body

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 07:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^
Old 10-17-2010, 07:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by SSmoken
ok ill be the odd man out here. its not loud enough imo. it looks great and all but just doesnt sound GREAT. maybe just good. i know ill get flamed cause i have lm1, but its just my opinion.
that would be because the bend up over the pipes. the way i used to run my true duals was under the axle and it was much louder than my buddies car that had 3 " true duals also but that snaked over the axle like this . . . my car could be heard over his at idle with me behind him. this set-up is way too much money imo, looks nice but way too much money
Old 10-18-2010, 08:23 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by taman86
ok there always has to be at least one that doesnt follow the crowd and tonight that is me. why in the **** is everyone getting all hyped up over a new true dual system from a name brand company, big ******* deal!!! bassani had a true dual system out back in '07 and kooks is barely putting one on the market?! i have a 2.5" true dual system on my cammed t/a and i can tell you that my custom system sounds a hell of a lot better then that one and im using cheap *** flowtech or dynatech knock off bullets with 3.5" magnaflow tips that look to be a foot long almost. mine is straight back off the headers to x-pipe just behind the tranny, striaght back under axle to the tips. WAY less bends and way better flowing then this over priced POS system. oh and lets not forget the price, 1500 is the cheapest so far is the consenses. to have mine custom fabricated for labor and cost for parts, $400. they want to charge 1500 for a bunch of flashy stainless steel pipes, ya it looks good but it weighs a **** ton and is way over kill. you can even get a custom dual set up with stainless steel for hundreds less, maybe even a grand less. im sorry but there are alot of over spending morons in this country that always has to have to the biggest, flashiest, newest **** out on the market. and people wonder why the economy is **** right now. its because of dumb *** people willing to pay for that flashy **** and willing to do what ever it takes. so please be smart and have common sense people, does it make sense to pay 1500 dollars for a crappy *** flashy true dual system with a big name brand logo on it or get one that out performs and sounds better then this for hundreds less.
I find this hilarious... This guy speaks as if buying from a company based in the U.S.A some how ruins the economy The fact remains that this exhaust is top notch in every respect. And to my knowledge the first in the aftermarket to run dual 3" over the axle mass produced. I am going to place my order today. Kooks gets major props from me as they are still supporting 4th gen guys. And many companies have moved on to the later model line up.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:53 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by taman86
ok there always has to be at least one that doesnt follow the crowd and tonight that is me. why in the **** is everyone getting all hyped up over a new true dual system from a name brand company, big ******* deal!!! bassani had a true dual system out back in '07 and kooks is barely putting one on the market?! i have a 2.5" true dual system on my cammed t/a and i can tell you that my custom system sounds a hell of a lot better then that one and im using cheap *** flowtech or dynatech knock off bullets with 3.5" magnaflow tips that look to be a foot long almost. mine is straight back off the headers to x-pipe just behind the tranny, striaght back under axle to the tips. WAY less bends and way better flowing then this over priced POS system. oh and lets not forget the price, 1500 is the cheapest so far is the consenses. to have mine custom fabricated for labor and cost for parts, $400. they want to charge 1500 for a bunch of flashy stainless steel pipes, ya it looks good but it weighs a **** ton and is way over kill. you can even get a custom dual set up with stainless steel for hundreds less, maybe even a grand less. im sorry but there are alot of over spending morons in this country that always has to have to the biggest, flashiest, newest **** out on the market. and people wonder why the economy is **** right now. its because of dumb *** people willing to pay for that flashy **** and willing to do what ever it takes. so please be smart and have common sense people, does it make sense to pay 1500 dollars for a crappy *** flashy true dual system with a big name brand logo on it or get one that out performs and sounds better then this for hundreds less.
i agree with you. my 3" true duals sounded better and cost me $1200 less than that, plus mine like yours went under the axle and had less bends. it's not hard to go to an exhaust shop and have them fab up some piping for under the car . . . you guys who said you're ordering it could be spending your money on the same exhaust and save $1200 for something else for the car
Old 10-18-2010, 11:46 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by King Nothing
i agree with you. my 3" true duals sounded better and cost me $1200 less than that, plus mine like yours went under the axle and had less bends. it's not hard to go to an exhaust shop and have them fab up some piping for under the car . . . you guys who said you're ordering it could be spending your money on the same exhaust and save $1200 for something else for the car
OK I will bite... I'm in the norcal area, please let me know of one place that I can get 3" 304 stainless mandrel bent duals over the axle for less? I had a quote from a place in Sacramento that does excellent work "SPD" and it was a hell of alot more than this setup. Now I'm interested in hearing your setup because I have yet to be able to judge sound quality from a youtube video. So if possible can you get a clip for comparison... Thanks in advance. As I understand what you are driving at...
Old 10-18-2010, 01:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by RUNIN11Z
OK I will bite... I'm in the norcal area, please let me know of one place that I can get 3" 304 stainless mandrel bent duals over the axle for less? I had a quote from a place in Sacramento that does excellent work "SPD" and it was a hell of alot more than this setup. Now I'm interested in hearing your setup because I have yet to be able to judge sound quality from a youtube video. So if possible can you get a clip for comparison... Thanks in advance. As I understand what you are driving at...
do you really need 304 stainless? and i don't mess with over the axle, you have to modify a few thing for it to work properly and you lose some-flow with the extra bends compared to running straight under the axle. i'm not running my 3" true duals anymore because of fact that local leo's are cracking down on modded cars and when you have a loud car that draws attention, my car draws enough attention. but i do have sound clips of mine with lt's+LM1 resonators, lt's+sweet thunder resonators and stock manifolds and cats+sweet thunder resonators
lt's+lm1 resonators

lt's+sweet thunders

Old 10-18-2010, 02:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

cool, can someone put ^ that in the proper section so we can get back on topic?

im in for answers on fitment/compatibility.

What header/torque arm/panhard setups will work? How far does it hang below the bodyline?(for lowered cars)

If i sold my 4" flowmaster y, magnaflow catback and mecham tips, along with my ARH y (which is spankin new) it'd make up for a significant amount of that 1500. This setup would out perform that and my old under the axle xr1 true dual setup (which got the greasemonkey job).

Sounds like im on the same page as a lot of you guys. I think im gonna hit up Mike @ ws6store..
Old 10-18-2010, 05:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

wow this system looks sweet!
Old 10-18-2010, 07:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

If I had the funds I would be all over this. Maybe after I sell a house and my divorce is final...
Old 10-18-2010, 07:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DaveX
If I had the funds I would be all over this. Maybe after I sell a house and my divorce is final...
!wife mod for exhaust, thats what im talkin about
Old 10-18-2010, 08:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveX
:rofl:
Old 10-18-2010, 09:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

The !wife mod is already in process..... taking a renewed interest in the car.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:28 PM
LSX Mechanic

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

That's a lot of dough for an exhaust system, but it is a beautiful work of art. Too bad it's gotta go under the car where nobody can see it.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

^Couldn't of said it better myself. They'll hear the masterpiece at least..
Old 10-19-2010, 11:35 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Irish350
cool, can someone put ^ that in the proper section so we can get back on topic?
i was simply answering a question, you don't like it then ask the other guy not to ask questions about my exhaust
Old 10-19-2010, 12:01 PM
On The Tree

I dont know if anyone else has had this problem but I called at least 13 different shops in my area about installing duals. Not a single one would touch it. Would not even give me a price estimate. Maybe its just the area I'm in or I didnt choose the right words but it wasnt gonna happen for me. So for me the kooks duals is great news! Now I just gotta come up with the coin I guess and sell my magnaflow and tsp y.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 99 z
I dont know if anyone else has had this problem but I called at least 13 different shops in my area about installing duals. Not a single one would touch it. Would not even give me a price estimate. Maybe its just the area I'm in or I didnt choose the right words but it wasnt gonna happen for me. So for me the kooks duals is great news! Now I just gotta come up with the coin I guess and sell my magnaflow and tsp y.
my shop did mine for $250 and that included the new torque arm mount. i specified i wanted under axle though, not over the axle bullshit
Old 10-19-2010, 12:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99 z
This is another good thing about this system.

It offers an option to those who have local Garages or Exhaust Shops that aren't capable or aren't willing to build a proper True Dual System for one of these cars.

And by "proper" I mean: decent clearance between pipes and all underbody components, mandrel bends, and tailpipes that exit at the back of the car.

(This is simply my opinion. I mean no disrespect to those of you with dumps. So please just save the argument.)
Old 10-19-2010, 01:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow that's pretty. Props to the company for producing it, but I wouldn't waste half of what they are asking on that system. I really don't think it sounds that great. Maybe it's just because LS1's sound like ****. But I have heard some sound 10x better than that. My true dual setup ran me about $250 as well. It blows my mind that anyone would spend almost 2k on a damn exhaust system, not even including headers.
Old 10-19-2010, 02:46 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Spiers
Wow that's pretty. Props to the company for producing it, but I wouldn't waste half of what they are asking on that system. I really don't think it sounds that great. Maybe it's just because LS1's sound like ****. But I have heard some sound 10x better than that. My true dual setup ran me about $250 as well. It blows my mind that anyone would spend almost 2k on a damn exhaust system, not even including headers.
Ya it sounds aliright. Your just paying for the name.

Quick Reply: Kooks released new exhaust for f-body