Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: SLP OR BORLA
SLP LOUDMOUTH CAT BACK
25.00%
SLP LOUDMOUTH II CAT BACK
15.00%
SLP POWER FLO CAT BACK
17.50%
BORLA CAT BACK (NON ADJ.)
42.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

SLP Cat Back, VS. BORLA Cat Back!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 07:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As far as sound, it's not quite as cut and dry as a poll. Exhaust sound is subjective; what I think sounds best on my car you might think sounds like total crap. And as soon as you do any internal motor mods, it all goes out the window. These cars get MUCH louder with heads, a boost in compression, and a cam. I have went through countless exhaust setups. I prefer it quiet until I want it loud. For my mods/preference I am currently running a slp dual/dual muffler with a cutout in the I pipe.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:07 PM
11 Second Club

In my 98 Z28 I ran a LM1 cat back w/ long tubes and a magnaflow 3" muffler where the LM1 would go and it sounded amazing. It was nice and mellow at idle and thrashing at WOT. My SS currently has LT Headers, Resonated Y-Pipe, SLP Dual Dual Catback with a Borla Pro-XS Muffler. Highflow but very quiet for a Cammed/ Full exhaust car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umo_YxI7biU
Old 11-11-2010, 07:06 AM
Teching In

[QUOTE=Jay-P;14093235]Not sure why you keep mentioning SLP makes products for "our" cars. So just because other companies make products for other types of vehicles that makes those products inferior? You do realize SLP makes items for Mustangs and other vehicles right? Anyways...

Jay-P thinks the same way I do. SLP and no one else, built the Firehawk for Pontiac and the SS camaro for Chevy. Not gmmg, magnaflow, borla or any of the other aftermarket companies. Not saying the other guys products are not just as good. I have bmr,bbk,borla and slp parts on my car. SLP is a good company and they have put a boat load of r & d into there parts. Enough so that GM hired them to build and install parts for specialty cars.
Just my opinion.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:15 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=timowen1;14106190]
Originally Posted by Jay-P
Not sure why you keep mentioning SLP makes products for "our" cars. So just because other companies make products for other types of vehicles that makes those products inferior? You do realize SLP makes items for Mustangs and other vehicles right? Anyways...

Jay-P thinks the same way I do. SLP and no one else, built the Firehawk for Pontiac and the SS camaro for Chevy. Not gmmg, magnaflow, borla or any of the other aftermarket companies. Not saying the other guys products are not just as good. I have bmr,bbk,borla and slp parts on my car. SLP is a good company and they have put a boat load of r & d into there parts. Enough so that GM hired them to build and install parts for specialty cars.
Just my opinion.
There's a big difference between what GM approved for Firehawk and SS production cars and what SLP sells in the aftermarket. GM had to cover the modifications under the GM warranty. So, just because GM selected SLP to convert f-bodies does not mean that their products are better than other manufacturers. In fact, they are sometimes worse. Here's a good example: when SLP released headers for the f-bodies, they were marketed as "equal-length headers are the ultimate". Unfortunately, many discovered that these headers sucked. They fit poorly, hung too low, and didn't offer the horsepower gains as comparable headers in that price range. But, you still had the SLP leg-humpers saying they were the best headers ever.

Oh, and your reference to GMMG not making Firehawks and SS's. Well, true, but GMMG has made some pretty cool cars. Look up Blackbird.....
Old 11-11-2010, 08:32 AM
Teching In

Did not say SLP was best. as I posted I use other parts also. I think SLP can be trusted as far as selling reliable parts. As far as GMMG, been there, seen the Carl Black black bird in production. Nice car, wish I owned one. I stand by my first post. I think SLP makes and sells a good product. Yes there might be better. I went BMR suspention parts instead of SLP as an example. You buy what you can afford and you get what you pay for. What ever makes one happy.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:46 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by timowen1
you buy what you can afford and you get what you pay for. What ever makes one happy.
exactly.

Quick Reply: SLP Cat Back, VS. BORLA Cat Back!