Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Key Fob (keyless entry)

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 08:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Question Key Fob (keyless entry)

2000 WS.6 T/A... Anyone got a part number for the Key Fob? It's too late to call the dealer and I'm trying to look on eBay for an extra one.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I got mine off Ebay by searching 02 Firebird. Found one that looked exactly like it; done. lol
Old 12-16-2010, 08:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

They can be programmed via the radio also.. Don't pay Somone to do it
Old 12-16-2010, 08:58 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually, to program them, you remove the Radio fuse in the lower corner of your fuse panel, cycle the key three times, ending up with the key in the ON position, the door locks will cycle. This lets you know you have entered programming mode. Then, on the key fob, you hold LOCK and UNLOCK, and then release, and then hold LOCK, and the door locks will cycle again. Turn the key to OFF and you are good to go.

Part number on my key fob is 16245100-29 I called my buddy at the local dealership to verify my part number before I bought on eBay, but I snatched one up for 26 bucks and it might as well be brand new.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BRUTL
Actually, to program them, you remove the Radio fuse in the lower corner of your fuse panel, cycle the key three times, ending up with the key in the ON position, the door locks will cycle. This lets you know you have entered programming mode. Then, on the key fob, you hold LOCK and UNLOCK, and then release, and then hold LOCK, and the door locks will cycle again. Turn the key to OFF and you are good to go.

Part number on my key fob is 16245100-29 I called my buddy at the local dealership to verify my part number before I bought on eBay, but I snatched one up for 26 bucks and it might as well be brand new.
Awesome!! I appreciate it.
Old 05-12-2017, 09:13 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do I program the key fob so the horn will not sound when I hit the lock button?
Old 05-16-2017, 08:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by superchargedZ
How do I program the key fob so the horn will not sound when I hit the lock button?

My '98 manual says:
Turn the ignition to Run, then back to off. Remove the radio fuse. Turn ignition to Acc. You should hear a chime to confirm you've entered programming mode. It'll need to chime twice to confirm support for turning off the lock horn.

Press unlock on the remote and count the chimes; this will tell you the current mode number by the number of chimes. Press and release Unlock on the fob until you enter mode 1 (both lamps and horn off) or mode 4(lamps on, horn off). When done, turn ignition off and replace fuse.
Old 05-17-2017, 12:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I purchased mine from remotesremotes.com
Old 05-17-2017, 07:55 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JimMueller
My '98 manual says:
Turn the ignition to Run, then back to off. Remove the radio fuse. Turn ignition to Acc. You should hear a chime to confirm you've entered programming mode. It'll need to chime twice to confirm support for turning off the lock horn.

Press unlock on the remote and count the chimes; this will tell you the current mode number by the number of chimes. Press and release Unlock on the fob until you enter mode 1 (both lamps and horn off) or mode 4(lamps on, horn off). When done, turn ignition off and replace fuse.

Thank You!

Quick Reply: Key Fob (keyless entry)