Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

03 C5 ls1 in F-body - Questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 07:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 C5 ls1 in F-body - Questions

Long story short this is my first time back to this forum in about 3 years and I can't seem to remember hardly anything about my car. I'm just now beginning to set plans in place to get my '01 ws.6 back on the road soon. The search button has not been friendly to me. I plan to purchase an LS1 out of a 2003 Corvette with 57K to replace my motor. I know this should be a very straight forward install however, I have few questions to ensure I plan this out correctly.

1. Can I use the throttle body and related components from my ws.6 to convert the DBW throttle body on the C5 motor to DBC? Can you point me to a write up or provide any tips/warnings?

2. Besides the oil pan and throttle body, what else will need to be done to get this thing working?

3. Reluctor wheel on the C5 ls1 should be 24x from what I've read, just want to be sure.

4. The serpintine belt layout is different from what I've read, will this pose any serious hurdles to the install?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide. I am so looking forward to getting this car back on the road this year!
Old 02-11-2011, 10:10 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really, no responses yet? Wrong forum? Too bad it's not another "what cam should I get?" Thread, that would have been sure to get plenty of responses, huh?

C'mon ls1tech! TTT! Lend a hand here.

I must make a decision on this motor purchase today or risk losing it.