Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

guys with long tubes.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 01:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The headers we have bbk LT and ORY fit like a breeze and we have not scraped. Be careful when going over inclined entrances to parking lots and such and you will be fine. Just drive smart. Oh, and 150,000 mile old shocks/springs don't help either.
Old 02-20-2011, 02:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Alot of guys change their plugs while doing a header install while the clearance is there. Motor mounts also... Food for thought if you haven't given your car a tuneup in awhile.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:04 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The coated ones will also look like *** in a year,lol I like mine I got ceramic but showed rust within 2 weeks
Old 02-20-2011, 03:53 PM
Staging Lane

Well there's a guy on here with stainless headers I'm thinkin bout gettin them 450 shipped with y. The only prob is their air n egr I don't want those but I have a welded might just cut them n weld them up.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:52 PM
Staging Lane

Just installed my Pacesetters and TSP Ory today, also did motor mounts while was in
there. headers were cake, But the mounts.. holy hell. I would almost rather take an ***
kicking as do those mounts again. LOL.. Seriously though, do the mounts, I didnt think
mine were bad but when i got them out they were shot to hell.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:11 PM
Staging Lane

bought the headers. thanks for the info on the mounts will get some asap.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:37 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by senicalj4579
I seem to be one of the only people on this board who didnt have to much of a problem with the tsp ory. The other guys said something bout bad clearance with this setup, seriously idk how it could be bad.
Don't feel special, this is because you have the second gen ORY.
Talk to the guys like myself and the other dudes that got the first gen, and you'd be singing a much different tune.

The Second gen pretty much eliminates any needs for an FM Merge like I needed, due to the very gradual and nonturbulent merge.
This is contrary to the previous merge, you know, the one that looked like it was designed by Helen ****** Keller?

Had I know how much I would have spent on the original Y, extra piping, and a god damn FM-M, I would have just waited a month for the next gen Y.
-Matt

Quick Reply: guys with long tubes.